The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old March 6, 2013, 07:18 PM   #1
rep1954

AR15 Sights Compatabiliy

When I got my Colt LE6920 at the same time my son got me a EOTech XPS-1. The model LE6920 I got has the A2 style combination front sight/gas block and a A3 handle for a rear sight. I used some instructions I found online to set a 50 yard zero with the iron sights by setting the rear sight to a certain setting and using it for windage setting and adjusting the front sight for a elevation. (The front sight post is a XS Sights white stripe with a tritium insert.) I next took off the handle and installed the XPS-1 and adjusted it to hit the same point of impact at 50 yards. Not wanting to keep changing the EOTech and the handle back and forth I bought one of the MBUS folding rear sights online. I received the sight today and mounted it in the rear most position on the upper behind the EOTech. The only adjustment on the MBUS rear sight is for windage well that was all that was needed to line the iron sights up with the EOTech. In fact 2 clicks to the left and everything was right on. I have to say I never believed it would of happened this way but I sure am happy with the results.

Last edited by rep1954; March 7, 2013 at 03:18 AM.
Old March 7, 2013, 03:43 AM   #2
allaroundhunter

That's what is great about the AR platform. Many options to customize the gun to your liking or your application, and it is very standardized. Definitely the most aftermarket options of any firearm currently available, and definitely fun!