The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old March 6, 2013, 08:58 PM   #26
Nick S.

@ BGutzman. Believe me, we are fighting this thing tooth & nail. I send letters every other day. I went to my state Capitol to join in a protest last week. I yelled at 3 of my elected jerks from the side lines last Sunday during the St. Patricks Day Parade in my town. I was wearing my NRA hat & Chuck Schumer came over to shake my hand. I refused. The other 2 saw me & quickly turned away. I call & thank any one in office who is on board for repealing this NY SAFE Act. Last Monday I joined yet another club on Long Island fighting the good fight for New Yorkers who are very active politically. I've been an NRA member since the mid 70s.
Old March 6, 2013, 10:47 PM   #27
mayosligo

Another SAFE Act Unintended Consequence-- Illegal to transport an AR15 with Ammo

Give em hell Nick S.
Old March 7, 2013, 09:42 PM   #28
Nick S.

Thanks for the support Mayosligo.
Old March 8, 2013, 07:55 AM   #29
rebs

I talked with a State Trooper and with a County Sheriff about this and they both had the same feelings, that this new law is very difficult to interpret and enforce if they were to enforce it. This part starts now, this part starts next month, this part starts nex year etc.. They both felt it will be found unconstitutional by the courts. Neither had a big interest in going out of their way enforcing it as they are carrying full magazines of ammo instead of the 7 round limit and they have not been exempt as of yet, so they themselves are in violation. Their best advice was when going to a range or sportmans club to drive legally, no speeding, stop for all traffic lights and stop signs, make a complete stop before turning right on a red light, etc. and they will have no reason to stop you. From what I gather they are kind of like taking a wait and see what happens attitude about the new laws.
Old March 10, 2013, 11:14 AM   #30
mete

I came upon an interview of a Trooper but turned it off shortly because he , like the rest of us ,was too confused about it to explain it to the rest of us !!
The idea to reduce our cartridges thus reducing our chance of survival is absurd and will be an often broken law.
It's a good fight ,keep at it !
Old February 4, 2014, 04:57 PM   #31
Mauserlance

NY & CA. Successfully making criminals out of law abiding citizens.

It's only a matter of time before patriots emerge b
Old February 4, 2014, 07:55 PM   #32
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
It's only a matter of time before patriots emerge..
The patriots are always with us. Right now, some of them are the ones fighting this in court. Others are the ones spreading the news.
Old February 5, 2014, 06:52 AM   #33
publius42

Maxb49 said:

Quote:
Thank you Brian. Sadly, everything Brian said is true. Tresmond Law will be publishing soon a full list of the consequences this bill has on gun owners.
Publishing where, may I ask?

The reason for my question is that I recalled liking the Tresmond Law page on Facebook a while back so I went over there to find the latest. I found a rather neglected page that was created last October. This is strange, because I quoted from the Tresmond Law Facebook page on another forum last April, before it existed.

I decided to go to the horse's mouth and went to:

http://www.tresmondlaw.com/

I got this:

Quote:
403 - Forbidden Error
You are not allowed to access this address.
I make my living on the net and a disappearing/reappearing Facebook page and locked-down website are not the best ways to reach the public. Just sayin'.
Old February 5, 2014, 09:16 AM   #34
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

I'm very disappointed in the Tresmond team. When this first happened they were all over. Jim Tresmond called me several times and he or Max sent me a couple emails. Max was active here and updated us regularly.

Now, they've dropped off the face of the earth. I'm sure they got sick of all the nonlawyers telling them how to do their jobs but simple updates would be nice. I sent a PM to Max several months ago and got no response.

Their team posts occasionally on a NY forum but the latest are just cryptic sorts of "Yes we 're working but it's a secret." and even that is weeks ago.
Old February 5, 2014, 09:58 AM   #35
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

I received the same treatment, Brian.

Some PM's, emails, a couple of calls. Then ... ... ... ... Crickets.

Since their work is being done within the State level courts, I can't even track what is happening, if anything.
Old February 6, 2014, 03:11 PM   #36
LancelotLink

You can track New York Cases filed in State Supreme (Trial Level) court at this link.

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/webcivil/FCASMain

Searching by attorney last name is usually sufficent
Old February 6, 2014, 05:32 PM   #37
publius42

Even if the last name is b49?
Old February 6, 2014, 10:26 PM   #38
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

Lancelot, while the NYS system is much easier to navigate than before, it still tells me nothing. You still don't have access to the filed documents. I see some motions were made... Um, what motions? Doesn't say. Shows the appearance dates, including future appearances. Still doesn't tell me a lot.

Simply put, without more, there's really no way I can update my case list.