The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old November 5, 2002, 11:54 PM   #1
SkaerE

best stuff for covering your scent/attraction...

never used anything for either, doin some reading here and aparantly a lot of you use it with good results.

now, i know it wont attract herds of deer, but covering my scent is good

what do you guys generally use for whitetail?

thanks
Old November 6, 2002, 01:53 AM   #2
TScottW99

Well I use a scent illimentor by Wildlife Reasearch along with a body soap by Hunter Specialties and Wildlife Reasearch laundry detergent. All of these help me with killing my human scent. Then I use a Hunter Specialties "wafer" to help with cover scent. As for an attractent I like the James Valley scents. These scents are outstanding, don't take much and keep well. Though each person is going to have his/her favorites for all of the above the ones I have mentioned have always done well by me. In case your interested in the James Valley scents here thier link....

www.jamesvalleycompany.com
Old November 6, 2002, 06:48 AM   #3
dakotasin

i have had very good luck w/ cabela's scent eliminator. comes in a little spray bottle.

the only attraction scent i've ever tried was estrous doe by code blue. i tried using it on 4 or 5 days during my bowhunt one year, never saw a deer, so abandoned it. keep in mind the deer population and buck:doe ratio here is really quite poor, so i'm not ready to pronounce the stuff ineffective yet.
Old November 6, 2002, 04:42 PM   #4
Will Beararms

I like to start out with a splash or two of Aqua Velva. Then I smoke two or three Marlboro Reds. I always bring a six pack of Bud to calm my nerves and by the last beer, I am ready for a nap. I haven't seen that many deer but I always feel rested after a hunt.