The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old June 7, 2013, 05:56 PM   #26
BigJimP

sorry, in post #12....I was trying to say comparing real life guns I want to own ....( to fake stuff done in movies - with fake guns...makes no sense to me)....

I think most of us realize that movies are full of "modified" firearms...that bear little resemblance to reality except in appearance often.

When I was a kid, I wanted to be Bat Man or Spider Man too....
Old June 8, 2013, 03:19 PM   #27
ClydeFrog

i see your point...

I see your point now.
It's true that there s a major difference between a real working firearm & a Hollywood prop but like or not, films & tv shows do influence many gun buyers.

I'll admit I got a extended stainless barrel on my Beretta 96D because of CBS's popular Nash Bridges.

It helped balance the feel & grip of the pistol too.

Clyde F
Old June 8, 2013, 07:52 PM   #28
Dragline45

Quote:
I was trying to say comparing real life guns I want to own ....( to fake stuff done in movies - with fake guns...makes no sense to me)....
I am not ashamed to admit my interest in SA revolvers and lever action rifles is due to growing up watching westerns with my dad. Now I don't go around fanning my guns at the range or swinging my lever action around like the Rifleman did, but it sure did spark my interest. Just like when I was a kid and T2 came out and I thought that lever action shotgun was the coolest thing ever. Its' all about nostalgia.

Quote:
When I was a kid, I wanted to be Bat Man or Spider Man too....
Hey you still can be, I have a set of Superman, Spiderman, and Batman pajamas from when I was a kid if you want, velcro capes and all. If you think they can fit you there all yours, your about 4ft and 75lbs right?

Last edited by Dragline45; June 8, 2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old June 11, 2013, 03:10 PM   #29
markj

Quote:
When I was a kid, I was Bat Man
Mom made us up some costumes that year, my brother was robin.

Lever action isnt the best way to chamber a large round like a shotgun shell. Older brass case shells yes.