The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 23, 2011, 03:25 PM   #1
champ198

anyone tried the Desantis Intruder IWB

need to get a new CCW holster and was looking around on Midway and like the looks of the Galco king Tuk but they have been on backorder for a while....as well as at cabelas...was looking today and noticed the Desantis Intruder and it looks almost identical in design so thought i would ask some of you all and hope that someone has some views on this one if its worth the $$
or if i should just bite the bullet and buy a Comp Tac Minotaur and be done with it
Old May 24, 2011, 07:02 AM   #2
7jinxed7

I have one for my G23. It's OK but not as comfortable as my MTAC for my M&P 9c. The MTAC contours to your body better and stays put a little better. The back of the MTAC is more comfortable being suede instead of the Intruder being leather with some kind of slick coating on it. The Intruder is priced better. The Intruder has stronger more sturdy belt clips where the MTAC clips try to rotate back and forth if you don't tighten them up alot,they have a rubber bushing between the clip and holster. MTAC has changeable and replaceable parts. The Intruder re-holsters better in my opinion with a bit of audible click,sort of. The MTAC re-holstering it just kind of slides in and not sure if your hitting it right or not and you just have to push till it stops. But the biggest issue that hurts the Intruder the most is the width of the holster overall and the width of the plastic or kydex section, this makes it more annoying to wear because it does not contour to the body well. It just feels like i have a flat slab in my waist. Don't get me wrong it's not horrible it's just more difficult to find that sweet spot that feels right. The G23 is a bigger pistol than the M&P 9c which has a little to do with the size,but mainly just two different designs. Oh and the MTAC is a little more adustable than the Intruder. I posted of picture side by side so you can have a idea in size. Any questions?

Price:Intruder
Comfort:MTAC
STaying in place over time:MTAC
Belt clips:Intruder
Re-holstering or holstering:Intruder
Adjustability for cant height and angle: MTAC