The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old January 3, 2014, 12:24 PM   #26
maillemaker

Quote:
Personally I would rather have a modern Uberti repro of a BP frame Colt than the genuine thing. You can shoot the heck out of a Uberti and not think about it. If you do that to a 118 (or more) year old Colt it lowers the value of the gun and you have to worry about breaking things. I don't own guns I can't use.
I've been debating chiming in to say the exact same thing. The gun is worthless to me because it's broken.

As with anything, something is worth whatever someone is willing to pay. I'm sure there is someone out there who collects broken guns or sees it as a project or whatever.

I don't have enough money to buy all the working guns I want, let alone spend it on paperweights.

Steve
Old January 3, 2014, 09:28 PM   #27
savit260

Quote:
I suppose another way to ask my initial question is.... what would YOU pay for it you saw it. ]
Given the condition you described, I'd probably give $750 for it. It would take a bit of work to get it to be fully functional, but it would make a decent "shooter" vintage Colt with appropriate loads.