The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old August 31, 2009, 12:43 AM   #101
Falcon5NZ

Yea, they may see it differently differently. They're still pests though. And what Skans is saying makes sense. Maybe there is no clear cut line between when a firearm is a tool and when it's a weapon.
It is New Zealand's role to send out its bright young men and women to help run the rest of the world. And they go, not hating the country of their birth, but loving it. From this loving base they make their mark on the world.

Pro-1080 Poison and proud of it!!
Old August 31, 2009, 09:58 PM   #102
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Looks like by the very definition of a weapon is an item used to destroy something....those animals are being destroyed, yes?

I'm not disagreeing a firearm can't be used as a tool. I'm arguing the point that the term primary purpose of manufacture is being overlooked. Firearms are made to shoot a projectile for the intent of punching holes in something. They CAN be used for other purposes as a tool, but again, the primary reason is the key issue here.

It's as clear as a sunny day in Denver...to me anyway....

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old August 31, 2009, 10:42 PM   #103
Skan21

Quote:
Firearms are made to shoot a projectile for the intent of punching holes in something.
Not neccesarily meaning something alive, though. I can punch paper all day and nothing was harmed. Those crazy looking Anshutz rifles for instance. Firearms, but not designed to be used on people. I love being the devil's advocate.....

Some of you guys need to trade in a few of those Safe Queens and see if you can get a good deal on a Sense of Humor.- Me
Old September 1, 2009, 07:28 PM   #104
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Who said destroying something had to be a living thing, Skan21?

Quote:
I love being the devil's advocate.....
No problem with that. This whole thread started out with a simple question yet opposing statements being hashed out provided some great discussions. Sometimes it isn't about trying to prove you're right. Rather it's trying to encourage others think...

Old September 1, 2009, 08:37 PM   #105
FireForged

is a clip man, you know what I mean.
Old September 2, 2009, 06:45 AM   #106
Falcon5NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuttle8
This whole thread started out with a simple question yet opposing statements being hashed out provided some great discussions. Sometimes it isn't about trying to prove you're right. Rather it's trying to encourage others think...
I think sometimes you have to make an almost trolling post to get people to think. And I agree with Skan. It's fun being the devil's advocate. Mind you I'm one of those guy's that will argue for the sake of it some times.
And while I can see where you are coming from Tuttle I still don't agree with you 100%.
It is New Zealand's role to send out its bright young men and women to help run the rest of the world. And they go, not hating the country of their birth, but loving it. From this loving base they make their mark on the world.

Pro-1080 Poison and proud of it!!
Old September 2, 2009, 07:36 PM   #107
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Quote:
I think sometimes you have to make an almost trolling post to get people to think. And I agree with Skan. It's fun being the devil's advocate. Mind you I'm one of those guy's that will argue for the sake of it some times.
And while I can see where you are coming from Tuttle I still don't agree with you 100%.
If this is what you really think, then I've done my job. Not advocating to troll to get a rise out of people, mind you. Going head to head on opinions and ideas in the ring hashing it out then shake hands afterwards is what it's all about.