The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 21, 2008, 01:21 PM   #1
neonstorm

Opinions on this holster...

Hello everyone, I'm new to handguns and I'm in the market for a holster for my new S&W Sigma. What do you all think of this one:

Holster on eBay

I'm looking for something that's inexpensive, but still of decent quality, that won't give me any 'hangups' at a critical moment. Any opinions?

Thanks!!

Ryan
Old January 21, 2008, 02:28 PM   #2
redrick

Also checkout Uncle Mike's .
Old January 21, 2008, 02:36 PM   #3
Wayfarin'Stranger

I would reconsider buying a holster off the internet that you haven't previously tried out with your weapon.

1) The pictures may look like it is somewhat well made, but that might not be the case once it arrives in the mail.

2) The fit may be improper, which you can only tell once your weapon is in the holster.

3) There may be a problem with the design of the holster that interfers with your style of clothing, that of course you won't notice until you try it out.

Go try out some holsters with your weapon and THEN go look on ebay for the one you like.
Old January 21, 2008, 03:01 PM   #4
sholling

I personally dislike nylon holsters. Understand that holster selection is a very personal thing and that most people go through a dozen or so looking for one that they like. For exposed belt carry Uncle Mikes and Fobus make some very low cost entry level kydex (plastic) holsters for less than $30.

The next step is are companies like Comp-Tac that make seriously good concealment and competition belt holsters from kydex and a couple of kydex/leather hybrids. Both in the $50-80 range.
Old January 21, 2008, 03:12 PM   #5
Diesel1

Quote:
I'm looking for something that's inexpensive, but still of decent quality, that won't give me any 'hangups' at a critical moment. Any opinions?

I've retired most of my codura material type for leather DeSantis speed scabbards. ($40.00 something from Midway USA, or $60.00 from the S&W website with the S&W logo) I have one for my Glock 22, my S&W M&P9 and my S&W M&P9c. The codura types were just to flimsy for me but I've used that type for years with sucess. I've seen that type in Walmart or BassPro shops for very little money so be careful what you spend on it with shipping from e bay.