The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old June 30, 2010, 06:18 AM   #51
Todd1700

Yep, I love Finn M-39's. Especially my B-barrel

Course I also love my Finn M-28 since only a little over 32,000 were made and I found this one hanging in a little gun shop misidentified by it's owner as just a typical Russian Mosin Nagant with a price tag of 74 bucks. LOL!

Old June 30, 2010, 09:36 AM   #52
RonC

The M-28 looks like it is in wonderful condition, at least from this photo!

Ron
Old June 30, 2010, 10:24 AM   #53
p99guy

the only common Mosin that had a folding bayonet was the russian m44 carbine...There is no reason for a Finnish rifle to have any provision for one(they used a bayonet that was like a puuka hunting knife)....by the time the M44 came out , the finns werent fighting the soviets any longer, hense no finn captured M44 carbines either.
Old June 30, 2010, 10:20 PM   #54
Todd1700

Quote:
The M-28 looks like it is in wonderful condition, at least from this photo!
It is in good shape and quite a shooter with a near perfect bore.
Old June 30, 2010, 11:15 PM   #55
SigP6Carry

Ron C, I ain't sayin' your Finn's ain't good guns, I'm just sayin' you gotta compare them equally! But, man... this whole thread has been a big "oh man, I need more money to afford some finn guns" revolution for me. Thanks all!

But, yeah, then pictures are beautiful!
Old July 2, 2010, 08:48 AM   #56
TX Hunter

Thome

I know what your saying, I just bought one, and there is another one on the Gunsnammo.Com site that I cant stop looking at. Unfortuantely I just cant afford to buy another one right now. Its number is 5324X check it out, its beatuiful.

Here is a link to the one that I really like.
http://gunsnammo.com/5324X.htm
Old July 2, 2010, 09:37 AM   #57
RonC

My Mosin-Nagant desire has been stimulated again by all of you! Now, where can I dig up that loose $300 to get another one?

Ron
Old July 6, 2010, 11:18 PM   #58
SigP6Carry

I know! This thread has made me want to buy some Finns and Russians alike, hell, maybe try to find some of the more odd Mosins. I'm sure an ex-sniper PU would give some fantastic groupings if you wanted a good shooting Russian.

RonC: sorry to doubt the scientific basis for your comparison, I just wanted to point out that Russian guns ain't all bad, like people say. According to anyone I've been around, it was the best $60 (pre shipping and FFL fee, about $100 after) anyone could spend on a rifle. But, I know my Russian took some work. And I know the Finns don't take any work.
Old July 7, 2010, 09:55 AM   #59
RonC

"RonC: sorry to doubt the scientific basis for your comparison, I just wanted to point out that Russian guns ain't all bad, like people say. According to anyone I've been around, it was the best $60 (pre shipping and FFL fee, about $100 after) anyone could spend on a rifle. But, I know my Russian took some work. And I know the Finns don't take any work."

Absolutely no offense taken. In fact, I wanted to emphasize the LACK of scientific basis of my little escapade. When I go shooting, I only have the time and energy to have fun, not test guns. Now, if I could get the various retailers to give me the guns and ammo gratis, I would be happy to find the time and energy to test them rigorously.

Ron