The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old June 3, 2011, 03:07 PM   #26
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

I personally know an individual who is mentally deficient. Mostly cocaine abuse for several decades. He is loopy enuff that he gets SSI/Disability checks and free insurance.

He is a CCW permit holder. He carries every where and at all times including when out in the bars gettin' plastered. He buys his guns from dealers and private sellers alike...

He is a certified NUTBAG... To the point we can walk away from him and he will still be talkin' 15 minutes later. And he even has "crazy tongue" whippin' around and chewin' on it...

The system only intends to prevent the "nutbags" that have been "adjudicated insane" or some such official term for COURT DECLARED INSANITY. And the system misses many of even those.

Brent
Old June 3, 2011, 06:07 PM   #27
ConlawBloganon

Quote:
I personally know an individual who is mentally deficient. Mostly cocaine abuse for several decades. He is loopy enuff that he gets SSI/Disability checks and free insurance.

He is a CCW permit holder. He carries every where and at all times including when out in the bars gettin' plastered. He buys his guns from dealers and private sellers alike...

He is a certified NUTBAG... To the point we can walk away from him and he will still be talkin' 15 minutes later. And he even has "crazy tongue" whippin' around and chewin' on it...

The system only intends to prevent the "nutbags" that have been "adjudicated insane" or some such official term for COURT DECLARED INSANITY. And the system misses many of even those.

Brent
Might be time to make some phone calls, if you really believe that this person is mentally unstable.
Old June 3, 2011, 06:51 PM   #28
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

Well, he has been arrested and forfeited a glock to get charges dropped for being drunk and starting crap.

Didn't lose his CCW permit. He has never been adjudicated mentally unable etc... so I would be infringing on his privacy and rights.

Brent
Old June 4, 2011, 12:01 AM   #29
bigbaby

Huh I wonder if he would pass a check for a pistol in MD? If he had local charges that were drug related and not very old or any charges related to violence or weapons, then he would probably have no chance. Still he could probably get a rifle, so Hotdog makes a good point. In MD, no one can carry, unless it is on the job and you have to being doing some kind of armed security or currier or you just can't get a cc permit in MD. It sucks, but it keeps the gun haters here happy LOL.