The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old October 23, 2009, 05:53 PM   #1
.300 Weatherby Mag

Interesting call yesterday from Leupold Optics

So I just sent a couple of scopes in to Leupold in Oregon for service... One of them is an old Vari-X III 3.5-10x, that my dad gave me off of a rifle that we thought might need a barrel... Before mounting the scope on my rifle I figured that it would be wise to send the scope in for service and inspection being that it is older than I am and has seen more than a fair amount use but not abuse. I contacted leupold's customer service line and they suggested that it would be wise to send the scope for inspection and service due to it's age... Along will this scope, I sent in another scope for a parallax change at the custom shop for $14.99... Well, yesterday afternoon I recieved a call regarding the Vari-X III, stating that they could not repair the scope and that they would send me a brand new VX-3 3.5-10x40mm if I found this satisfactory... This scope is 30 years old according to my Dad... His reaction was "You B*****!" Well two thumbs up for Leupold's customer service... It's nice to see a company that actually takes care of it's customers...

Leupold =

P.S.

It should be noted that I this scope arrived in Beaverton Oregon on Tuesday Afternoon... Considering that this is the busiest time of Year for Leupold, being it's hunting season and everyone wants stuff done... It only took them less than two full business days to get the ball rolling is truly impressive considering the time of year and the amount of stuffing rolling the leupold service department and custom shop...
Old October 23, 2009, 06:00 PM   #2
jgcoastie

Kudos to Leupold...

Congrats on the new scope, my sentiments echo that of your Dad though...
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." -Richard Henry Lee, Virginia delegate to the Continental Congress, initiator of the Declaration of Independence, and member of the first Senate, which passed the Bill of Rights.
Old October 23, 2009, 07:30 PM   #3
Scorch

Yep, Leupold CS is very good. I got a similar deal about 20 years ago with a 2-7 VariX-II, now my rifle wears a VXII 2.5-8, cost me $25. Have a friend that found a Leupold 3.5-10X with a bent tube in a box at a garage sale, paid $1 for it, sent it to Leupold and got a new scope for the cost of shipping and handling. Another guy was getting ready to leave for a hunt in Alaska, and took a trip to the range. His scope was broken. Called Leupold, they shipped a scope to the Fairbanks airport to meet him when he got there. The stories go on and on. Best CS you will ever find.
Old October 23, 2009, 07:33 PM   #4
UniversalFrost

yeah they did the same with an old m-8 model i bought used many years ago. they sent me a new vx-II .

burris does the same with their higher end scopes. sent in a signature series model a few years ago and they just sent a new one instead.

JOE

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green

Old October 24, 2009, 04:06 AM   #5
trooper3385

Leupold's customer service is about as good as it comes. If you think about it, it's probably almost cheaper for them to just replace a scope then take the time to fix it.
Old October 24, 2009, 11:32 AM   #6
Tomas204

Yeah they Rock ,good Ole American company ,I have ta take one in I live about 34 miles from them