The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old December 13, 1999, 07:32 PM   #1
Ned Roundtree

I wait anxiously each quarter for this magazine to come out. Filed with great stories and great pictures about CAS. Well it is out on the newstand. Combat Handgun presents Guns of the Old West, Issue #17. If you are into to CAS you have got to see this magazine.Or do you have your own favorite?

------------------
An armed society is a polite society.
Old December 13, 1999, 10:07 PM   #2
Bill Mitchell
Staff Alumnus

Howdy Ned,

I like Guns of the Old West. It's probably the best mag devoted to our sport.

Have you seen Shoot! magazine yet. It's brand new and has some very informative articles. It's not as polished as GOTOW,but it's a fine magazine.

Bellicose Bill
Old December 13, 1999, 10:39 PM   #3
Ned Roundtree

Have not seen SHOOT. Small college town and I'm just lucky they have Guns of Old West and Gun List. Limited # of copies so sometimes they have it and sometimes they don't. So when I hear on the wire that someone has got their copy of Guns Of the Old West, I literally run down to the store.But thanks for tip. Maybe if I ask store manager for it , they will take a chance and get SHOOT. On GOTOW #17, page 14, they got pictures of Blackhawk and Bisley Vaquero mixed up. I think its a hoot!