The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 28, 2008, 06:22 PM   #1
RGS

.41 Mag bullet mold group buy

If anyone shoots .41 mag and either casts their own or plans to someday, this group buy may interest you.

This mold is for a Lyman 410246 Plain Base bullet. Weight should run around 240gr with wheel weights and measure .413". It will have dual crimp grooves, so rifles and handguns should handle this bullet.

I am very new to bullet casting. My first mold off this same site is for a .413-260gr Keith bullet. Upon its arrival, I cast up about 300 boolits. They are very accurate out of my Ruger BHs and S&W 657s. They also shot well out of a Marlin 1894s.

Therefore I say onto you... It is too late to get in on the 260gr Keith. They may run it again, or not depending on how many clamor for it. It is however, not too late for the Lyman 410246 PB.

So if you are so inclined, click on the link and go to the thread on the Cast Boolit Forum and respond to Hackleback. He will run the group buy if there is enough interest. I think we need 2 or 3 more to commit in order to have enough to run the group buy. He can also answer questions like how much it costs. There is also a drawing so you can see what the boolit looks like. If you are interested let Hackleback know so he can gauge accurately how many will buy one.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=34654

IF YOU ARE NOT A .41 MAG SHOOTER, my condolences. However all is not lost. You can check out many threads where group buys on bullet molds are conducted there on the Cast Boolit Forum. Most of them are for calibers far inferior to the .41 mag. So if your stuck with a .357mag, .44mag. or .45 you too can get something a little unusual. Maybe something discontinued years ago, or something never produced before.