The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old April 16, 2002, 02:25 PM   #1
Dignan

Franchi Shotgun?

I'm interested in selling my Franchi semi-automatic 20 guage shotgun. The only problem is that I don't know where to start the asking price. The gentleman who gave me the gun as a gift indicated that it was a 1969, but I am not sure (I don't know if Franchi made a semi-auto at the time). If this is correct, where would be a good place to set the asking price? The firearm is in perfect shape, I only use it two or three times a year when quail hunting or shooting clays. The blueing is still close to perfect (it was re-done not too long ago) and the stock has no scratches or nicks. Any suggestions?

-Dignan
Old April 17, 2002, 11:10 AM   #2
fal308
Staff Alumnus

It's impossible to give a price range without any descriptive information. If you would give a model number and a short description it would be more helpful.
Even then you would only get a vague guess as pricing is a very regional issue. What may bring $100 in one geographical area may bring $500 in another. But at least it would give you a baseline.
Your best bet would be to go to a couple of gunshows and look to see what comparable firearms are going for in your area.
Good luck!