The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 17, 2008, 10:07 PM   #1
jtdominate

Holster for Beretta PX4 Storm Compact F

Found one Saturday (to my surprise) and have been unable to find a holster for it. Checked a bunch of online stores and nothing. Apparently they have just started hitting the shelves the past two weeks, although Beretta announced them almost a year ago.

I'm close to buying one for the full size Storm but have a feeling it won't fit. I'm leaning towards the Fobus Roto.

Any advice or referrals??
Old August 19, 2008, 04:52 AM   #2
DaLarr

Holsters for px4 storm

I just purchased a new px4 storm also. I was having a hard time finding holsters also. This is what I found.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/safarila...ck-left-h.html

You can also go to safariland's website (http://www.safariland.com) and they have some other types.

Hope this helps.
Old August 19, 2008, 11:10 AM   #3
Ridge_Runner_5

You found a compact model? Damn! Nobody around here can get them!
Old August 20, 2008, 08:01 PM   #4
jtdominate

Yeah I was shocked when I saw it. They had it retailed for $699 but knocked a $100 off since I was picking up a Kriss SuperV. It's just flat out SEXY.

They were telling me how they stay on the shelf like 2 days max. Beretta apparently screwed up and did a press release before it was ready to release and got everyone all hyped up (including me). I got the 9mm. It had alot of recoil for a 9mm. Shells flew back hard. It's accurate too.

DaLarr what model did you get? I couldn't open the link.
Old August 20, 2008, 11:53 PM   #5
DaLarr

I just got the Standard 9mm model F
Old August 21, 2008, 01:12 PM   #6
jtdominate

My fault, I meant what case? I couldn't open the link to the case on opticsplanet.

Have you taken it out yet? What are your thoughts of it so far?
Old August 29, 2011, 06:30 PM   #7
Austin HiPowers

I know this is an old thread but maybe at the time some new holsters became available. I will get a Beretta PX4 Storm Compact (barrel 3.2 inch)issued next month, and need a concealable holster for it, preferable leather. Any ideas?? Thanks in advance, Austin
Old August 29, 2011, 11:01 PM   #8
ClydeFrog

Forum posts, PX4 holsters, fit chart...

If you review a few of the forum posts over the last few months, you will see a few good holster/website links.
Due to the minor design changes or features I suggest contacting the holster company or customer service first to insure a proper fit for the ambi type PX4 Compact pistols.
Well made holsters include; Don Hume, Alessi, Bianchi-intl, Safariland, Blackhawk, Milt Sparks, Kramer Leather, Kirkpatrick Leather, Mitch Rosen, COM Holsters, High-Noon Holsters.
Old August 31, 2011, 10:34 AM   #9
Austin HiPowers

Thanks for the info ClydeFrog. Surfing the different holstermakers revealed that most models are for the PX4 full size or the PX4 Sub-compact. For the Compact however there is not much choice. I followed your advice and contacted some holstermakers, let's see what they come up with.
Old August 31, 2011, 05:02 PM   #10
Austin HiPowers

Just received an answer from safariland customer care:

"Unfortunately, we do not make any holsters for the compact model. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you,

Sonia"

Still waiting for the other companies to answer.
Old August 31, 2011, 11:26 PM   #11
ClydeFrog

Beretta PX4 compact/F series holsters...

Other good brands to check include the El Paso Saddlery or the Tampa Florida area firm; High Noon Holsters.
High Noon Holsters has a gear-holster line(Skin-tite) made of synthetic material. It's lightweight, easy to clean & wears longer.

El Paso Saddlery has a great belt rig that can be strong side or crossdraw. It runs around $80-95.00 USD and may be available for the PX4 ambi type compact pistol. Custom or special features may be an option but you'd need to pay or maybe wait longer also.