The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 12, 2000, 09:46 PM   #1
Parke1

Ok, I'm going to assume here for a second or two that I am not, in fact, out of my mind. At one time or another, I thought that I saw an ad in a magazine (Sportsman's Guide?) for this little steel box contraption that you could hang a target on, and shoot at with .22s. Has anyone else heard of anything like this? Does anyone know where one can be procured if they exist? Am I really insane?

-Parke1
---Yeah, I live in Ohio. No, I don't leave the guns at home.
Old July 12, 2000, 10:28 PM   #2
JimFox

Sure. Have one. Outters I think, but I'm not going to go out in the shed and look.

Used to use it a lot up north, down here in Texas it's just too easy to go out the back door and down to the pond. If you do use one indoors, remember that there are the same three rules to follow as after eating boiled cabbage - ventalation, ventalation, ventalation.

Try Cabelas or other similar suppliers. Often grouped with air gun supplies (but suitable for .22 RF).

------------------
Jim Fox
Old July 12, 2000, 11:38 PM   #3
Ledbetter

Cheaperthandirt.com has them pretty cheap. They are LOUD. I use a CO2 pellet gun and a box full of wadded up newspaper backed with a one inch board. It's good practice. Watch your backstop and stay safe.

Ledbetter
Old July 13, 2000, 05:10 PM   #4
stoat

i have one of these too, the damn thing makes more noise than the gun. if you are shooting someplace where you don't want lead spray all over the place i suggest you put some kind of board in front of the trap (several sheets of paper will do) to keep the lead from shooting all over the place.