The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old May 22, 2004, 10:58 AM   #1
Chuck Dye

Favorites logo.

In my favorites tool, many sites self populate with a site logo: Sturm, Ruger’s phoenix(?), Springfield Armory’s indecipherable whatsit, The High Road’s vBulletin radical sign (yes, it’s probably a stylized V, but I see square roots!) I would welcome a TFL logo. A miniaturized might be tough to resolve in the space available (N.B. Springfield Armory’s indecipherable whatsit,) but the or something similar, should work just fine.

I don’t think any significant resources should be expended, but if it is just a matter of a few minutes at the controls, I would appreciate the addition.

Last edited by Chuck Dye; May 22, 2004 at 10:59 AM.
Old May 22, 2004, 03:00 PM   #2
tyme
Staff

Don't you already see a bullethole logo?
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)
Old May 22, 2004, 09:57 PM   #3
Chuck Dye

No bullet hole, just MSN's dogeared page&butterfly.
Old May 23, 2004, 09:09 AM   #4
tyme
Staff

I tried adding it to favorites with IE6, and I get the bullethole.

Your browser should be getting it from http://www.thefiringline.com/favicon.ico or http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/favicon.ico
See if you can access them directly.
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)
Old May 23, 2004, 12:12 PM   #5
Chuck Dye

Tyme,

I too found that IE 6 immediately displays the bullet hole logo. MSN 9 is now also displaying the logo. It began appearing during a very frustrating online chat with MSN tech support. I made no changes, the tech typed that she made no changes. It is a puzzlement!

Thanks for the help,
Huck
Old May 24, 2004, 07:04 PM   #6
Don Gwinn
Staff Emeritus

Maybe MSN is crud.
But it's not AOL.