The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 2, 2016, 09:12 PM   #1
whitearrow

affinity vs m2 bolt?????????

aight fellas i've watched as much youtube vids of anything related to franchi affinity's. i'm trying to figure out the correct sequence and exactly how the affinity bolt is disassembled and then reassembled. i haven't been able to see clearly the way the pins both front and rear come out and go back in the boltthat hold the firing pin and the bolt head. so i got the bright idea that just maybe the benelly m2 bolts were real close,barring the benelli dog leg deal that project out the back of the bolt, to the franchi affinity bolts as there are really good youtube vids by benelli on disassembly and reassembly of the m2 bolts.
thanks,
eddie
Old March 2, 2016, 09:30 PM   #2
FITASC

Why are you worrying about taking the bolt apart? Spray it with some Safari Charlies or similar CLP
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old March 2, 2016, 09:34 PM   #3
whitearrow

i just wanna lube it up properly before putting any rounds down range as i figured franchi would have shipping oil/grease in it from the factory. and i guess i didn't wanna run a brand new gun dry. i wasn't sure exactly where if i just sprayed lube on the bolt that it would hit and what wouldn't. i guess a $800 gun isn't a big deal for some but for me it is and i wanna take as good a care as i can so IF it screws up i can say i did the best i knew how.
thanks,
eddie
Old March 2, 2016, 09:41 PM   #4
FITASC

Blast it with brake cleaner and then with some CLP; you're GTG
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old March 2, 2016, 09:44 PM   #5
FITASC

BTW, price of the gun isn't a concern - same routine applies whether a $800 gun, a $8,000 gun or a $80,000 gun
Old March 2, 2016, 09:46 PM   #6
FITASC

dupe post
Old March 2, 2016, 10:15 PM   #7
whitearrow

dupe post???????? so your saying that there is no need to field strip a brand new never fired gun to clean off packing oil and then use my preferred lube m-pro 7? guess i have heard others that bought this particular firearm say that until the packing oil/grease is removed and relubed with a clp that the action isn't very smooth and might cause malfuntions. and malfs aren't what i need from a new autoloader.
thanks,
eddie
Old March 3, 2016, 09:19 AM   #8
FITASC

You didn't say it was brand new.
The bolt simply pulls straight out - there's a YT video showing that

And "dupe post" means I hit enter twice.............
Old March 3, 2016, 11:52 AM   #9
Worc

Pull the bolt handle out of the bolt then remove the forearm and barrel from the gun. Pull the action arms forward along the magazine tube to remove the bolt. At the back of the bolt press the firing pin in slightly and remove the retaining pin. Slowly let the firing pin and spring out of the back of the bolt body. Turn the bolt over and press the rotary bolt face in slightly and the pin should fall out of the groove in the bolt body. Pull the bolt face out of the bolt body and you can also remove the Inertia spring.
Old March 8, 2016, 10:21 PM   #10
whitearrow

Thanks worc. It just looks intimidating. It is t hard at all once the flipping charging handle is out lol!
Thanks again,
Eddie