The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old March 11, 2006, 07:28 PM   #1
Buzzard

Coyote Calls

Do you hunters prefer hand calls or electronic calls.
And what brand of calls is your favorites.
Thanks
Old March 11, 2006, 10:26 PM   #2
indybrad

Buzzard, to answer you question, I use both. E calls are kind of nice in that you don't have to move around alot blowing on a call. Mouth calls are kind of nice because you don't have to carry around the extra weight of an E call. Just depends on what kind of mood I'm in when I go out. I think most people use mouth calls just because they're easier, but both of them have worked for me. Actually, last time that I went out the only thing I use was a howler mouth call. I was doing a series of howls and pup wines and called in 3 at the stand.
Old March 12, 2006, 10:17 AM   #3
kwkoch

i have the johnny stewart digital caller and once called in 6 yotes at once they were packed up, never had seen that before, during the end of deer season. have not yet used a mouth call but if you could get good with it it sure would be easier to carry around.
Old March 12, 2006, 10:45 AM   #4
Buzzard

One of the local hunters swears by Cass Creek Calls and he said he loves his, even showed it to me and gave a demo at the gun shop so I went looking for one...price here is over 50 bucks so I went to Ebay...got one with remote for 36.00 and that included shipping. I guess now all I have to do is get out and give it a try.