The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 22, 2008, 03:44 PM   #1
BigJimP

Xmas Stocking Stuffer/Shooting Gloves

2 wive's of buddy's emailed me this morning / asking for something for the men in their family ...... we all have everything we need...and we're hard to buy for so the ladies get a little frustrated with us / and we buy anything we want most of the time .... but:

an Idea I gave to both ladies this morning... in case you guys have not thought about it / for yourself or for a buddy:

Shooting Gloves:
Go to a golf store, Foot Joy Rain Grip golf gloves / they are sold in pairs, made of micro-fibre, they have a velcro closing on back, the wrist portion has some elastic on it ...... they have a great feel ( you can pick up a dime on a flat surface, they come in black (like most of my wardrobe ) - they're about $ 20 a pair. Shooting shotguns ( they won't scratch a nice stock ), works good for outdoor handgun shooters ( still able to handle cartridges or your mags ..) / and they are way cheaper than Bob Allen, etc. I even use them at an indoor range - when they have the ventilation turned up to " meat locker cold " .....

golf stores carry leather gloves in pairs, heavy winter gloves too - but I find all those too bulky.

If you haven't tried them yourselves, get a pair / wrap them up say they were from the kids or grandkids ....