The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 20, 2014, 05:28 AM   #1
SAA GunSlinger

Desert eagle barrel without Picatinny rail?

Hello, im looking to purchase a 10 inch barrel for my desert eagle in .50AE but im having difficulties. I have an older XIX desert eagle that doesn't have the picatinny rail. I really like the look of the older desert eagles that don't have picatinny rail on it. The problem is all new desert eagles and desert eagle barrels all come with built in picatinny rails on them. Do the older desert eagle barrels without the picatinny rails have a model number or name to them because trying to find a 10 inch .50 AE desert eagle barrel that doesn't have the picatinny rail on it is very difficult. Help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Old April 20, 2014, 07:38 AM   #2
Rthiel

The Kalifornia approved barrels don't have the pic rail. They just have two slots.
Old April 20, 2014, 03:59 PM   #3
SAA GunSlinger

...Interesting.....any idea where I can find one of these California approved barrels???....I never new that California couldn't have tac rails on there hand guns barrels.......I just did some snooping around on the web....I cant find anything about these California desert eagle barrels????

Last edited by SAA GunSlinger; April 20, 2014 at 05:06 PM.
Old April 21, 2014, 09:18 AM   #4
44 AMP
Staff

I don't know (or care) what politicos in California approve or dis approve. I have never heard of any of the DE barrels (or anything else) being marked or marketed as "CA approved".

The original .50 AE barrels had a solid rib, with two slots for scope rings. Don't know when they switched to the rail.

Longer than standard barrels have always been hard to find. Good Luck!
Old April 22, 2014, 05:09 AM   #5
Rthiel

Barrels without a full pic rail are listed in Magnum Research's retail flyer as "CA OKAY" - California Approved. I'd call Magnum Research for a barrel or info on barrels. 508-635-4273. The catalog that I'm looking at only lists a 10" .50AE barrel in black and doesn't specify if it has a full pic rail or not, so yeah, you may be SOL on a CA OKAY 10" barrel. I'd still call and ask though.