The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old November 29, 2012, 01:06 PM   #1326
GlockieWa

Hi,

My name is Emrah and I live in Seattle WA. I have 38 yo.

I have 3 years of firearms experience.

I own a Glock 17 Gen 4, a Glock 26 Gen 3, a Colt 1911 Special Combat Government and a S&W M&P 15 Sport carbine. I also try to have some training. I attended some classes in Firearms Academy of Seattle which is a reputable and well known institution in our region.
Old December 3, 2012, 05:17 PM   #1327
CTUAgent247

New here

Hi TFL!

I'm new, just joined, but have come here often for research every so often. Just wanted to say hello.
Old December 4, 2012, 04:56 PM   #1328
Towing247

Hello my name is John, been around firearms most of my life. I don't have much time anymore to go hunt but, I love going to the range for some trigger time. I got my ccw permit about a year ago so i've been having a blast shooting pistol. Looking to get into relading so i'll be asking some questions. Thankyou for having me aroard
Old December 4, 2012, 08:22 PM   #1329
Frontpage

Hello from Illinois, land of corrupt politicians that are afraid of gun owners.
Old December 4, 2012, 09:42 PM   #1330
KestrelConsultant

Hello

My name is Chris and I'm an active duty sniper and military field consultant for Kestrel. I'm here to assist and gather members thoughts on the kestrel line of products.
Old December 5, 2012, 07:19 AM   #1331
bdareg

Hello, my name is kevin, I live in Bermuda and I have two jobs. I am a machinist at the local powerplant, and I am a member of the Bermuda regiment, I'm an infantryman in the regiment's new operational support unit. Despite firearms being illegal for civilians to own in Bermuda I have been interested in them since I was 12. Went on family vacations to scotland and got an air rifle and was hooked. Started shooting clays at 13 went to live in canada and owned several guns, then came home and was conscripted into the military and now military weapons are my area of interest. This seems like a cool forum. Looking forward to learning from all of you.
Old December 5, 2012, 10:28 AM   #1332
Fry2877

Greetings

Hello TFL. Just wanted to say hi. I have been lurking around a few new forums, and figured what the hell. I am always looking to learn, and when I am able share some of what I know. There seems to be a good group of guys here and I hope to be able to contribute.

Frank
Old December 5, 2012, 01:31 PM   #1333
Jimboh247

From Lexington, NC. The only firearm I own currently is a Remington 870, but I'm interested in expanding my ownership.

I came to the site to expand my limited knowledge about firearms and for a little guidance on what to buy, where to buy it, and what to load in it.
Old December 6, 2012, 10:29 AM   #1334
njoelhickson

Hello all. My name is Nathan. Posted here a few times in the past but for some reason faded away. I am back now. Currently in the Army and in Germany but I will be calling my little farm in Kansas, "home" here in about 4 years.

I have a few firearms. I preferred ones are AK variants and Glocks, though I love my trusty Ruger P90 as well.
Old December 6, 2012, 10:58 AM   #1335
pgdion

Should have done this earlier but wasn't aware of this thread when I joined. Then it seemed odd to do it after I've been here so long. So I'll do it now at the 1000 mark (better late than never ). I'm 50 and loving it (ok, not really, but you get used to the aches and pains right?). Never really got into hunting but I love guns and the shooting sports. I like rifles ... I like pistols better. Scopes are ok, but I prefer shooting with iron sights. They provide a challenge at shorter ranges. I love revolvers, they're awesome and nostalgic but I still don't own one myself. Some new shiny auto is always waiting in front of it. I really like the all metal, hammer fired designs. They are a work of art. Probably the engineer in me that admires them so much. I'm an electrical engineer and design hardware and embedded software. I have 3 hobbies I love, Electronics, cars, and guns. I spend all day with electronics, and cars are too big and expensive to have many of, so guns are my free time passion. I'm also a married guy with 3 kids. My wonderful wife accepts my hobby and all my boys like to shoot too. Doing my best to personally put more people on our side. . (and working hard to sway my nieces and nephews)
I'm also a Scout Master for a Boy Scout Troop. Not really by choice but by need. Some one had to do it or my sons troop would have folded. I'm not really a dot the I's and cross the T's person but we do enough to meet the requirements so the boys can advance and then we try to offer other activities that most troops don't do. The shooting sports is one of those things. We spend quite a bit of time teaching both youth and adults firearms safety, a bit about guns, and some shooting skills. We have a number of members that are working on their NRA marksmanship awards and doing well . Today's youth are tomorrows 2nd Amendment defenders. I'm just on here looking for tips, sharing what I know where I can, and looking to meet a few friends who share the same interests. My favorite guns are the 92FS and my old Marlin 882ss .22 Magnum rifle.
Old December 6, 2012, 08:58 PM   #1336
jarheadsith

I am glad to find this forum, as I have already found some useful info. I am an old school kind of guy, and own almost every weapon the Marines have used in the last 100 years; the latest being a Colt M16 stock version I picked up a few years back.

I am lost when it comes to all these new tactical configurations, so I may ask some stupid questions. I just picked up the Sis Sauer m400 carbine, with a prism scope; $890 at walmart of all places. I was convinced I would go for a colt, but I have to admit I like the sig more.

I am grateful to be among other Americans that feel the 2nd amendment is a right worth protecting.
Old December 7, 2012, 09:41 PM   #1337
laxb0rder

Hey guys im new here from Connecticut looking to get my first firearm.
Old December 8, 2012, 08:09 AM   #1338
heidithe2nd

HI, my name is Ruby and I live in Ohio along cold Lae Erie. My late husband was a collector of guns. He died in 1999 and I kept most of the guns but I now need to sell some of them. I,m hoping I can get some help with model numbers, worth and where to sell them. I am having problems with your website finding a place to post my questions. I'll keep trying. Maybe this is a start.
Old December 10, 2012, 09:36 AM   #1339
southjk

Hey everyone! Just decided to get back into guns and like my other hobbies, the first step is join a forum. I did a number of google searches and kept ending up here so now you're stuck with me.

Not counting yesterday, I haven't shot a gun in over 12 years. I bought a S&W 686 back in 1990 and would take it to the range quite often back when we still had an outdoor range nearby. Life, wife and kids got in the way for awhile and the gun sat in the safe unloved. Fast forward to about a month ago and a buddy showed up with his new Glock 27 and it got me thinking about how much I missed shooting.

So yesterday I took my 10 year old daughter to the indoor range and I shot my 686 and I rented a 22 for us both to shoot. At first she was skitish and little afraid of all the noise but once she started shooting she loved it. She's ready to go back as soon as possible.

Now I've got the itch to buy something new for me. I'm thinking something small enough for me to carry if I go that route and small enough caliber if the daughter and wife want to shoot it. I've narrowed it down to the S&W Shield 9 and the Walther PPS. I'm 80% sure I'll get the shield but no one has one for me to hold/fire.
Old December 11, 2012, 11:00 PM   #1340
reynolds357

New here and hoping to pick up some knowledge. I know a lot, but I dont know it all.
Old December 13, 2012, 10:56 AM   #1341
Lordy123

Hola

Hey Everyone, my name is Tim and I've been lurking for awhile, just starting to post.

I've had a Savage Model 111 .270 since I was 11, it's been my deer rifle ever since. More recently I've started added to my collection at a weird rate.

I got a sigma SW9VE with a 2 16 round magazines, a ten round magazine, and a hogue slip-on for a little over $230. After taking out the trigger pig spring I couldn't be happier with it(For the price.)

Now, I was saving for a 1911, got distracted by the sigma, then a coworker sold me a chrome Taurus model 66 4' .357, with two speed loaders, holster, holster for the speed loaders,box of ammo, and a pachmayr grip for $200.

Then I bought a Springfield 67D 12 Gauge for $90 at a gun show. I also have a break action 16 Gauge I pretty much only use for grouse.

So far I've spent $537 total on the Model 66, SW9VE, and Springfield 67D instead of buying a 1911. But I also my own collection now, I've slowly started giving my old man some of his guns back...

How did I do? I think it was worth it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Additions.jpg (64.7 KB, 19 views)
Old December 15, 2012, 03:26 AM   #1342
sschrader

New Member from Arizona!

New member from Arizona..
Hello Colt lovers!

I am new to the firearm community, and mostly lurking to learn more about an old gun I inherited, but never picked up from my father' collection. I then had to rescue it from a pawn shop where my naughty brother had taken a loan on, so here I am. I posted a description for it in the Lounge. Please lend any thoughts and feedback on it if you can. It is posted as a 1st Gen, SAA modified to .38 special/.357

I appreciate anything I can learn about it.

Thanks so much!

sschrader in AZ
Old December 16, 2012, 09:12 AM   #1343
monkybrainz

hello

hello shooters, im just another god fearing, gun owning american..
Old December 16, 2012, 03:52 PM   #1344
terzmo

New from Western NY

New guy and was looking for info on a recent purchase,savage 99 in 300 cal) and got directed here so I figured I'd join. Found some interesting facts about the gun...was going to sell it but after finding out it's rare and made in 1940...great shape...I figured I'd try it out and maybe retire the 30.06 remington. I paid a whopping 150 for the model 99 and only regret the ammo is supposed to be hard to find.

Happy Holidays to all.
Old December 16, 2012, 04:05 PM   #1345
GregA

New from Illinois

Hello. My name is Greg and I'm from Illinois. I took an interest in guns for home defense in 2005 and was an active range shooter for the next two years. I dropped the hobby of target shooting until this year when I resumed my interest. I joined this forum the other day in order to learn from all the knowledgeable people who post here.
Old December 16, 2012, 10:55 PM   #1346
RetDep310

Hello from Indiana

Hello all....retired Deputy Sheriff from Indiana. Belong to other forums, but found this forum a couple of weeks ago, and really enjoyed reading it.
Old December 17, 2012, 01:09 AM   #1347
thatguy

newbie from ky

I have read a lot of great info on here so I decided to register. Can't wait to learn
Old December 18, 2012, 04:57 AM   #1348
0351A

Intro

Hello, after coming here often for reference and a good read, I figured I should join. I have been shooting for about 16 years. I have used dozens of weapon types, but I now restrict myself to one pistol, one rifle, one shotgun. I tend to believe that owning more than I can reasonably carry is a bad idea. Many would disagree.
I am not the most knowledgeable when it comes to specifics about the latest new toy because I tend to pick one firearm and focus on it exclusively. However, if there is anything I can contribute, I am happy to do so.
Old December 18, 2012, 07:50 AM   #1349
Punisher_1

Hello all. I'm a retired Florida law enforcement officer with 26 years in the field. I'm also retired from the military, 23 years active and reserves as an Armor Crewman and Military Police. I have enjoyed shooting since I was a kid and I still collect and shoot today, although not as much. My user name is a radio call sign for my squad when I was in Bosnia in 1997. I've browsed this forums in the past and I like the knowledge base it provides. Thanks for having me and thanks to all those who've served.
Old December 19, 2012, 03:33 PM   #1350
No1der

Hello, I'm quite obviously new to the forum. I found this site while searching for ammo for a couple of my firearms. A .22 rifle and a .32 handgun and if it's cheap enough some .25 for a little pop-gun I've had for year and years. All my other guns are well stocked with ammo but it never hurts to learn more and find new leads for inexpensive ammo.

Other than that, I'm not sure what I can tell you about myself. Really quite mundane day to day person with probably way too many interests to name and constantly adding more interests.

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent