The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old August 3, 2009, 04:08 PM   #1
Southern_guy

Academy Sporting Goods Tactical Weapons restriction

While shopping in an Academy Sporting Goods, I noticed that all the AR-15s, Mini-14s, synthetic stocked 10/22s, and shotguns and "sniper" rifles with black stocks had a tag that said "21 AND OLDER ONLY".

I asked the gun sales clerk why the guns had been restricted (was it state law or store policy?) and he answered that he wasn't sure. I then spoke to his manager, who told me that they could not sell "Tactical" and "Military" firearms to those 21 and younger. :barf:

Does anyone know anything more about this? I haven't heard of anything being passed in the Louisiana senate restricting rifle sales.
Old August 3, 2009, 08:02 PM   #2
teeroux

I do not belive such a law exist it must be store policy.
Old August 3, 2009, 08:12 PM   #3
THEZACHARIAS

Most likely a store thing, although I guess it is possible it might be a parish-based thing as well (kinda doubt it the way louisiana is about guns, but you never know).

Ive seen a few stores who make restrictions like that, but its usually when management doesnt fully understand the product and are scared of getting in trouble for anything that looks at all similar.
Old August 4, 2009, 12:45 AM   #4
Csspecs

Remember. You can go to war and die for your country... But you aint a people until your 21.... And 25 if you want a rental car.