The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old November 30, 2013, 11:02 AM   #26
Sure Shot Mc Gee

I've shot into soft ant hills at a distance just before dark. Just fishing for some company to show up after dark wondering what gender of deer I harvested. {Works good for getting a cribbage partner or two.} Yesiree!!_
Old November 30, 2013, 12:01 PM   #27
shortwave

Quote:
One time, we were walking down this seasonal highway and this doe comes busting out of the brush, running parallel to the road. We both had our guns slung on our shoulders. I had moved enough to get my hand on the gun and bring it about 45dg around when his shot went off. The deer (two them) rolled into piles. I just stood there looking at him. Really? Unimaginable. Twice as fast as I could react, he had aimed and fired. Shot the doe through the shoulders and unknown to both of us there was a button buck on the other side of her, shot him through the head with the same slug.

Skills like that are not natural. But rather learned skills that are honed and groomed. Usually practiced over many years. At least I've never seen them come naturally to anyone. Although I have seen various gun skills come a little easier for some then others.

Sounds like a gentleman you would want in your corner in a firefight.