The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old July 6, 2005, 07:30 PM   #1
broncbob

help with a accutrigger

i bought a used mod. 11 savage with a accutrigger, i wanted to see if there might be a bit more adjustment on it so out of the stock it came and it seams that the spring is a bit mangled. i would like to replace it, i haven't try'd to find a replacement yet, but i was wondering if any one has done this yet? the spring in mine is kinda a pink purple in color, are there any other springs availble for this trigger? i want it as light as it can safely be this rifle is my prairie dog rig.
Old July 12, 2005, 09:20 PM   #2
Smokey Joe

Accutrigger

Broncbob--Suggest you contact Savage re getting a new spring for your Accutrigger. You also need a special tool to adjust the trigger spring, which Savage supplies with a new Accutrigger equipped rifle.

IIRC, the AcTrg. adjusts down to 2.5#, and cannot be adjusted lighter than that. That's part of Savage's lawyer-proofing with the AcTrg. So that'll have to be light enough for you because it's all you get.

FWIW, I got a new Savage in .300WSM, and like it and the AcTrg. very well. Hope yrs works for you.

--Smokey Joe
Old July 13, 2005, 07:24 PM   #3
James K
Member In Memoriam

The Accutrigger really doesn't adjust any lighter than the old Savage trigger, it is just that it will allow the trigger to be adjusted down to a low weight without being dangerous. It functions just like the half-cock notch in a 1911 pistol. If the trigger pull is too light and won't hold or jars off, the Accutrigger "half-cock" catches it before the gun fires.

It is a neat and inexpensive solution, but the basic trigger mechanism still has its limitations.

Jim
Old July 13, 2005, 09:00 PM   #4
Zekewolf

Savage for the spring. I believe it's 1.5#, rather than 2.5#, but I'm recalling from memory.