The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 16, 2005, 02:28 PM   #1
bakeryman

Anyone using Kead bullets?

I was looking for bullets and found a site for Kead bullets, anyone have any experience with them? Will be loading 147gr 9mm and 230gr 45acp with Bullseye. Any loading or feeding experience with these bullets would be appreciated as I'm looking at buying 1000 of each. Both rounds will be ran in semi-autos. Thanks, Ken
Old May 16, 2005, 10:00 PM   #2
Johnny Guest
Moderator in Memoriam

I've used them for a while

I have probably loaded well over ten thousand, in .45 ACP, .38/.357, and .44. I'll probably start using them in .41 Mag as well.

I got over trying to load 9mm with plain lead bullets some time back.

I've been quite satisfied with Kead bullets. I don't try to drive them too fast. About 1100 fps is about as fast as I've gone in .357.

Best,
Johnny
Old May 20, 2005, 09:30 PM   #3
ParaJoe

I bought 1,000 45ACP 200gr LWSC from Kead about a month a half ago. Awesome bullets. I think I'm going to order some more here shortly.
Old May 23, 2005, 12:52 PM   #4
bakeryman

Bullets on the way

Placed an order for 1000 147gr 9mm and 1000 230gr 45acp, talked to the owner on the phone, nice guy, they're getting a online pay checkout setup with a local bank and it should be up and running soon.
Old May 23, 2005, 03:39 PM   #5
VonFatman

Where do you buy them? Web link? Local purchase?

I'd like to check them out.

Bob
Old May 23, 2005, 06:45 PM   #6
kgpcr

Mastercast Bullets

I have used Kead bullets and they are good bullets. i have had a tought time getting any service from George. i wanted to buy 4000 .40 bullets and sent him and email. no reply i then called him and he said next week. i will let you know when they are done again no reply. i then wanted to buy 3000 9mm bullets again an email and no reply. i have bought 15,000 bullets from Master cast and they are outstanding and he repies to email within a few hours. here is the url www.mastercastbullets.com Mike is a great guy and he has outstanding bullets and outstanding service. if you ask he will give you his web discount and they are very reasonable bullets. give them a try i did and i am happy i did
Old May 23, 2005, 08:41 PM   #7
bakeryman

Kead bullets

I went to his website www.keadbullets.com and got his phone number and called him, seems like a real nice guy to deal with and he's getting set up to take payments online. He told me he's casting about 2000 bullets an hour on his equipment and he serves a bunch of the local shops near him in Dallas. I would give him a call and he should be able to tell you what his inventory is at that time. And he has great prices on shipping!
Old May 28, 2005, 04:41 PM   #8
VonFatman

Thanks Bakeryman! I'll keep the link and give him a call.
He may have time to handle an order.
Bob
Old March 15, 2009, 10:16 AM   #9
pinoybiker

kead bullets

i don't know what happened to my order of 45 acp's, i did'nt even received it it's been a year now ,
Old April 24, 2009, 06:42 PM   #10
Big9MM

Kead Lead

I have loaded, and shot Kead Bullets now for near a year. No problems on them at all. I did have one problem tho, the price got too expensive for me to purchase them for awhile. Now that lead has gone back to half way normal, they would be a great investment to stock up on, during this ammunition shortage. Even down to the final shot, they perform very well indeed.
Old June 9, 2009, 06:34 PM   #11
Old-Sig

I know this is an old thread but I had to post a comment on these folks. George took my order happily... Charged my credit card happliy... Told me my order would ship in a month (I was happy)... Now for the problem; after 3 months I still do not have my bullets. As others have said, they have a email address but they do not reply. I can not get a hold of him my phone either. Everytime I call I get a message that the phones mailbox is full. It says that you can leave a number for his pager but he does not call back... MasterCast costs a little more but they are quick and friendly...
Old June 9, 2009, 06:59 PM   #12
brian4161

Call your CC and dispute the charges, tell them you haven't gotten what you paid for.
Old June 9, 2009, 09:35 PM   #13
0-16

I ordered from him last Feb. I got an e-mail confirming the order. Called six times over the next three months. Same reply as always, I'll get them out with the next order. Finally gave up and ordered from mastercast. This Feb. I thought I would call again. Talked to him about last years order. He checked his books and found the order and apoligized for the mistake. Took a new order and said he would send them out that week. It is now June and I haven't heard a thing.
Old June 9, 2009, 10:22 PM   #14
Randy 1911

After reading all this it sounds like he not someone you can trust to do bussiness with. I was thinking of ordering from him, but not now. I will stick with www.snscasting.com They take you order on-line and ship fast. I ordered some on Sunday and they were at my door on Thursday.
Old June 11, 2009, 08:12 AM   #15
SwampYankee
Registration in progress

I have ordered from these two manufacturers and been pleased with both of them. Timely, cheap and good quality:

http://shop.snscasting.com/
http://www.cheycast.com/
Old June 11, 2009, 07:25 PM   #16
Old-Sig

It is good to know that I am not the only one with a bad experience with George at Kead. I just wrote him a letter asking him to either ship my order or issue my CC a refund. I told him that he had a week before I contacted my CC company to begin a complaint and refund request. I checked BBB.org but I did not find anything on him. If I am forced to get my refund through my CC company I will register a complaint with bbb. (Not to be a jerk but to maybe help someone else.)
Old June 25, 2009, 09:43 AM   #17
Arub

One more horror story. Ordered 2000 bullets early May. Credit card charged 5 May.

Per George (KEAD owner), bullets cast 5 or 6 May waiting on sizing - 4 June. "Will ship early next week (8-9 June)" per George on the 4th.

23 June - still no bullets, called George. He said he would chase them down and call me back. No return call.

24 June - called George back. He apologized for not shipping. Said his disorganization may be the issue. Said he would get them out this evening or on the 25th and call or e-mail.

Will edit with results in a day or two.
Old June 30, 2009, 06:37 PM   #18
Old-Sig

Arub, how did you make out with George? Did he get back to you or send you your bullets?? Since he does not answer my emails, my calls or the letter I wrote him, I contacted BBB.org. They may not get me my order shipped or my $350 back but I thought that I'd try that before going to my CC company. Let us know how you made out.
Old July 1, 2009, 07:20 PM   #19
Arub

OldSig:

Received a tracking number from post office Saturday (apparently bullets were mailed then). Bullets delivered today.

I had the same problems getting hold of George. E-mail or phone messages (in fact area code 214 number always got "voice mail full" or something to that effect) seemed ineffective. Found, by accident, that the best way to get hold of George was to use the 972-625-3302 number and call after 4pm Central time.

I think that George is honest as the day is long. Talking to him I get the impression he has organization difficulties kicked up to a higher level by the major increase in business he's getting due to "Obamarama Fever".

Lots of luck in your quest.

Arub

Last edited by Arub; July 1, 2009 at 07:22 PM. Reason: spelling correction - at least one
Old July 10, 2009, 06:26 PM   #20
Old-Sig

I got a phone message from George last week. He claims he never got my calls or letter. I do not believe him. From how he was talking I could tell he got a letter from BBB about my complaint. He said my bullets have been sitting there for some time and he put them on the back-burner because he was busy with other orders (that didn't stop him from charging my CC for the whole amount). He gave me his home number and asked me to call and say if I wanted a refund or the 6K bullets. I called twice plus his shop once but couldn't reach him. Finally left a message at his house. Told him to either ship my order the following week or issue me a refund. Sadly, I never received either... If I have waited too long for my CC company to give me a refund I'll have to try something else.
Old July 10, 2009, 07:17 PM   #21
Krakkon

http://www.missouribullet.com/