The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old December 15, 2008, 09:46 AM   #1
Sportdog

Enjoy The Hunt!

It's been a good year of hunting for me, my first ever black bear, and two deer. That is the good news. The bad news is deer hunting black powder season is going on now and all that I can do is watch the snow fly due to the 5 1/2 hour surgical procedure that I went through on December 2nd. I Thank God that my surgery went well and by the grace of God I'll be in the turkey woods come April. Enjoy each and every hunt that you get to go on and be happy that your health is such that you can be out there. I sure wish that I could be!
Old December 15, 2008, 10:27 AM   #2
12GaugeShuggoth

Rest easy and heal up, I understand having to sit back and watch......had a knee surgery a couple years back right at the beginning of season, and of course that year the hunting was great for everyone else on the property....

A few months of downtime is nothing in the long run......good chance to catch up on some reading.

---Enlightenment is the ability to take infinite pains---
MOLON LABE
Old December 15, 2008, 11:40 AM   #3
siv

I kind of had that experience last year. I had my wisdom teeth out over thanksgiving break so that I wouldn't miss very much school, but I still missed some prime pheasant hunting.