The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 8, 2013, 07:22 PM   #1
AdamSean

HP ammo suggestions for NAA Guardian .380

I just picked up this little beauty and am in the process of testing out different HP ammo in it. So let's keep this to users who have or have had in the past this exact pistol.

I haven't seen too much data on if this particular pistol in .380 ACP is picky on the kind of ammo it likes. I am headed to the range tomorrow with some FMJ to break it in and also with a few different HP ammo to see if it favors any over some others. I currently have Winchester PDX1 95gr and of course Hornady Critical Defense. The Hornady CD is always my go to if nothing else works reliable. It performs with decent results for its intended purpose. However, the Winchester PDX1 has better performance results and so I would prefer to carry that, but that is only if it functions reliably. I had a Diamondback DB380 that refused to chamber the PDX1.

Are there any other HP ammo choices I should be considering? Please refer to ammo you have actually used in a NAA Guardian .380 ACP.