The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old May 18, 2016, 09:33 AM   #26
JWT

I have purchased six or seven guns through Gunbroker. Never had any problems on any of them. I generally 'buy now' vs. bidding. I do read and check the seller ratings before purchasing. It's a great site for locating a gun when I get the urge for a specific model and caliber. The sellers I've dealt with have been excellent.
Old May 18, 2016, 07:28 PM   #27
dogtown tom

Thread is over five years old..........

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old May 18, 2016, 07:55 PM   #28
Gunplummer

Never too late to learn something. I probably have bought a dozen guns off Gunbroker.com. No problems at all yet. I am always leery of quick, vague descriptions and poor quality photos taken at angles that kind of hide certain areas. Everybody says "Ask questions". Good idea. I let a military rifle go because I am now sure it was messed with. It is an auction. You have to know what you are looking at.
Old May 19, 2016, 07:49 AM   #29
boatdoc173

I use gunbroker as my last resort and only for nib guns from a real ffl dealer. I agree with JWT. no private sales. no issues so far for me.
Old May 19, 2016, 07:59 AM   #30
terzmo

used them several times....never an issue
Old May 19, 2016, 08:11 AM   #31
Bayou

I recently used GB to purchase a rather uncommon Ruger Redhawk in 357. It was my first and, so far, my only GB transaction.

Fortunately, the transaction was very smooth. The revolver was described as being in "excellent" condition in the GB seller's description.

Upon receipt of the Redhawk at the LGS, the smith there concurred in this condition and also described it as being in the "excellent" category.

So, all in all, it worked out very well for me.

Bayou

Bayou
NRA Life Member
"Keep Calm and Reload"