The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 17, 2011, 07:07 PM   #26
larryh1108

I've had my PM9 for almost 4 years now. When I first bought it I also purchased new mag springs from Wolff Springs. I had read of the feeding issues online so I changed the mag springs before taking it out for the first time. I now have almost 2000 flawless rounds thru it. It may be the Wolff Springs or maybe I got a "good" gun but I believe that more powerful mag springs can't hurt. I also polished the feed ramp as well but if it nosedives in the mag then that makes no difference.

http://www.gunsprings.com/index.cfm?...s&cID=1&mID=29

The PM9 is sensitive to limp wristing. When my daughter or other buddies shot it, it would have FTRB every now and then. I never had that problem when I shot so I assume it was the grip of the shooter. Like someone said, the PM9 has such tight tolerances to be so small that you do need to find ammo that it likes and to make sure you keep it clean and well lubed if you carry it daily. Treat it well and it will treat you well.

Tags
break in , every day carry , kahr , pm9 , pocket pistol