The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 21, 2006, 02:15 PM   #1
mgcchkn

New guy with HD/skeet question

I'm looking to get a shotgun for HD and some skeet shooting. Was wondering what you all would recommend. I'd like to get a semi instead of a pump, and I was really leaning towards the Xtrema2 with KO, but I'm not sure if spending $1400 is worth it. I definitely love the speed of which the X2 can fire and the recoil reduction.

Thanks.
Eric
Old February 21, 2006, 02:28 PM   #2
SCcdp

That X2 is a great gun, but why not look into something like a Remington 1100 I grew up shooting skeet comps with one and even though I have moved on to competing with an over an under I still wouldn't trade my 1100 for anything. I think the only thing that I ever broke on that gun in over 10,000 rounds was the extractor, and recoil is negligable as well. You could buy two 1100's and a bunch of shells for what that Beretta will cost you.