The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old September 30, 2008, 07:40 PM   #1
redlantrn

Kfs Ak 47 ?

Since you guys did such a great job with the shotgun, I was wondering if you could help with this AK 47. It appears to be brand new. Inside the box were an owners manual, and an adjustable sight, and a magazine.
The receiver is stamped KFSATLGA, which corresponds to the owners manual which says imported by Kengs Firearms Specialties. Manual is dated 1987. There is a triangle with a 46 in it on the receiver.
Stock is stamped "02778".
I heard these can be pretty valuable. Attached are 2 of my crummy as usual pics.
Thanks!

Jason
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0285.jpg (235.6 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0282.jpg (230.9 KB, 53 views)
Old September 30, 2008, 09:22 PM   #2
SDC

This is actually an SKS, made by Norinco (most likely at Factory 416, which is the closest I can think of to "46"). It takes the same 7.62x39mm ammunition as many "AK-47"s, but, depending on your specific area, may go for anywhere between $150 and $300. The SKS was designed by the Russian designer Simonov in 1945, and was copied by most of the Communist Bloc, including the Chinese, up until recently.