The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 11, 2012, 01:57 PM   #1
GunXpatriot

CBC Single shot 20 gauge. Imported by FIE: Good purchase?

I came across a CBC Shotgun, which is made in Brazil, imported by FIE in Miami. I was reading around and apparently, quite a few people have one under a few different names. It seems like it is decent quality, and people trust them. I can get a fully working model in like-new to lightly used condition for under $100... Worth it? I was going to go for a H&R Pardner single shot in 12 or 20, but of course, if I were to go 20, this would be a much better value... What do you guys think? Thanks!
Old November 11, 2012, 02:31 PM   #2
Virginian

If the objective is to get a cheap shotgun, which I assume is the case with a single shot other than a trap gun, Why not look for a used one and save even more. Al lot of people find the brutal recoil scratches their itch for a shotgun a lot quicker than they ever dreamed.
Old November 11, 2012, 02:46 PM   #3
Strafer Gott

Use 20 gauge upland game loads for lighter recoil. I carry a Beretta companion single, a real low end number, but it makes a great companion.
I have a Braztech single in .223. Fit and finish no, but loaded with reduce charge fmj pelt rounds, for very close delivery, it serves.
Old November 11, 2012, 05:14 PM   #4
jackpine

I would not spend over $80 on one of those and that would have to be NIB. If it's had any use I'd say $65 or less. Nothing wrong with them just nothing special about them either.
Old November 11, 2012, 07:41 PM   #5
GunXpatriot

Good info/advice from all of you! JackPine, I think I wont be purchasing it... The thing is, you gotta figure at $90, you're going to have about $20 shipping + a $20 transfer fee. That's $130! For that money, I'm getting screwed! I would rather get a brand new H&R Pardner Single shot for that money or less. Probably more high quality and of course, factory new. Thanks for the info guys!
Old November 11, 2012, 07:54 PM   #6
Hawg

They're pretty clunky and unbalanced. They function well tho.