The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old September 13, 2008, 01:30 PM   #1
avalauncher

Redding T-7 Reloading Press

I picked up one of these this weekend. Got it home, unpacked it, and found that it didn't have any sort of user manual/instruction sheet. Is this normal or was one inadvertently left out? Secondly, there is a small rod with a ball handle on it, something like the press handle but only about 3 inches long. Any idea what it is for?

Thanks in advance.
Old September 13, 2008, 02:20 PM   #2
snuffy

If it was NIB,(New In the Box), somebody left the destructions out when packing. The short rod with a knob is for turning the turret, there should be a threaded hole in the side of the turret for it.

Are you sure they weren't taped to the packaging material?

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?
Old September 13, 2008, 02:39 PM   #3
Darren007

Here ya go avalauncher....The instructions are just single sheet of folded paper, printed on both sides....

Enjoy...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg scan.jpg (92.1 KB, 841 views)
File Type: jpg redding3.jpg (226.9 KB, 859 views)
Old September 13, 2008, 04:31 PM   #4
avalauncher

Thanks, Darren, I appreciate it. Not very extensive, though, is it. Guess they're assuming a fair amount of working knowledge. Oh, well, thanks again.
Old September 13, 2008, 06:10 PM   #5
snuffy

If this is your first loader, and you have no basic knowledge of handloading, may I suggest you get some books, do some reading? Yes, that's very basic instructions. It DOES assume you already know the basics of how reloading is done.

Just about any loading manual put out by either a bullet manufacture or a powder distributor will have a how-to section in the front of the manual. Otherwise a great book is the A-B-C-'S of reloading.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?
Old September 13, 2008, 08:08 PM   #6
avalauncher

No, actually I have an RCBS Rock Chucker also that I have used more than a bit. And, besides all (Nosler, Speer, Sierra, Barnes, and Swift) load books, I have the ABC's of Reloading (and a few others). And, yes, once you've used one of these, they are all pretty much the same. That said, it is still nice to have a user's manual in case there is some idiosyncrasy concerning this particular press. Apparently, there isn't.

Thanks, anyways.