The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 5, 2009, 07:31 PM   #1
Solvo Pium

Location: Where it is normally warm and hot 9 months out of the year.
Gunpowder

Can anyone tell me where I can find H335 or Benchmark?? I am looking all over the place, and everyone that I am finding is out of stock. I know I am asking for the impossible but just checking. Thanks.
Old April 5, 2009, 08:41 PM   #2
round pounder

Powder

Just bought some benchmark from powdervalley.com They had quite of a selection a little earlier tonight.
Old April 5, 2009, 09:41 PM   #3
Magnum Wheel Man

good luck finding your powder of choice... I'm in extreme expirement mode right now, since I can't find several of my 1st powder choices right now... so I've been pouring over powder burn rate & bulk density charts... looking for some new "best" choices ( of what is available ) powders...

BTW... it looks like Ramshot TAC or Ramshot X-Terminator would be close as would AA-2230... there are several others as well like Alliant Reloader 10X, IMR 3031, etc.

I got 6-8 new cartridges to reload this year, & was too slow getting components... now I go into shops with of 1st through 6th, 7th, or 8th choice in powders, & a couple choices in primers ( forunately I've got most of what I need in primers... but would have liked to have gotten some fresh ones for some target loads I'll be working up...
Old April 6, 2009, 09:59 PM   #4
ems-1

Quote:
good luck finding your powder of choice... I'm in extreme expirement mode right now, since I can't find several of my 1st powder choices right now... so I've been pouring over powder burn rate & bulk density charts... looking for some new "best" choices ( of what is available ) powders...
Same here. I can't find my powder of choice so I'm experimenting with different powders, primers, and bullets. Maybe something good will come out of this and I find a combo that works even better in my firearm.
Old April 6, 2009, 10:25 PM   #5
protectedbyglock

I'm with Mag Wheel Man. Get yourself some TAC. Even some X if you're loading something bigger.
I've been sticking with the TAC. It's pretty good stuff. I tried it because it was a $2 cheaper per lb than BLC2 at the local shop. Pleasantly surprised.
Old April 8, 2009, 03:38 PM   #6
James R. Burke

Very hard to find the popular stuff right now. I have had some luck at small ma and pa shops that are over looked. I have enough stuff to last for maybe a year if I am on the carefull side, but would much rather not worry about it. I have not had to change anything that I have worked up, and dont plan on it. I figure by the time you get all differnt stuff, everything will be back with my luck. Then the things you switched to will probably run out if the supplys are not back anyways. Just my two cents.