The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old February 5, 2005, 10:04 PM   #1
kelsey

MY second PETA article

I just finished up a small article on Peta as a continuation of my personal assualt to completely debunk the idiots.

You can read it at http://www.luvtohunt.com/petaII.htm

Enjoy!

Kelsey
Old February 6, 2005, 06:27 AM   #2
MTMilitiaman

Very articulate and well written. Thank you for representing us Neandrathals and for keeping your composure. You have shown yourself to be "a better man." Thank you and keep up the good work.
Old February 6, 2005, 10:00 AM   #3
3 weelin geezer

Kelsey, could you clarify this: "Extinction is my goal and suffrage is my weapon." Are you saying that they say you vote to kill everything?
Old February 6, 2005, 10:07 AM   #4
Kyote

Sigh

Poor ol' Pam, she just can't get "no satisfaction" now that Tommy is gone!! Harharharhar I wonder if she has a degree? All anyone has to do is to look at the makeup of your teeth to see where we are on the food chain!

Good article!
Old February 6, 2005, 11:05 AM   #5
dalesimpson

"Extinction is my goal and suffrage is my weapon."

I believe that in reading his article that is what PETA thinks about hunters. Not his philosophy.
Old February 6, 2005, 11:46 AM   #6
3 weelin geezer

I see. I thought he meant to say suffering not suffrage.
Old February 9, 2005, 08:31 AM   #7
JKump

As another CARNIVORE, isn't peta that fancy greek bread you stuff MEAT into.

"Everyone has a game plan until they get punched in the mouth".
Old February 9, 2005, 09:06 AM   #8
Rojoe67

Well done Kelsey,

Speaking of well done........ I have a steak and eggs on the burner for breakfast....... I thank God for a the harvest of a nice Whitetail last November. Thanks for the great article. You are a great spokesman for the natural and normal human. I think we have the silly folks at PETA out- numbered 95% to about 3% with the remaining 2% just not sure what they are doing in a human body. Your ability to speak directly at them and show you have no fear to get right back in their face is exactly how we need to treat them. I am sick of the average network media and many other folks trying to tell me to be diplomatic and show political correctness.... I refuse to take that dead end road. As you know it leads nowhere in the minds of these militants. I think as a general name that suits them about right.
Keep up the good work my friend....and if your ever heading to Michigan and would like some good fishing and hunting while your here just drop a line... My Camp is open to you and your family. The campfire is always crackling and true.......Best wishes........
Old February 9, 2005, 07:37 PM   #9
MeekAndMild

Actually humanity has already tried the vegan route, or at least our great grandfather's retarded cousin did. Too bad they are all dead.

http://www.archaeologyinfo.com/austr...usrobustus.htm

Edited to add my doubt PETA will ever listen to rational argument. Best bet is to push to have their nonprofit status taken away, or better yet find a way to gain sufficient members on their board of directors to change their political stance 180 degrees, i.e. hostile takeover.
In a few years when the dust finally clears and people start counting their change there is a pretty good chance that President Obama may become known as The Great Absquatulator. You heard it first here on TFL.

Last edited by MeekAndMild; February 9, 2005 at 10:32 PM.
Old February 9, 2005, 09:39 PM   #10
eka

PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Old March 7, 2005, 06:18 PM   #11
pdt1793db

Good article I enjoyed it
- God Bless
Old March 7, 2005, 09:05 PM   #12
FirstFreedom

I *think* he means that extinction of PETA members is his goal, and voting (suffrage) is his weapon.
Old March 8, 2005, 07:22 PM   #13
Mannlicher

Good read, and thanks for taking the effort to write it.

I got a dig in on PETA recently. I posted this on another board, but it fits here too

From our Local Miami Fox TV Station:

PETA Penguin Problem - Any guests that attended the opening of the Victor Hotel on South Beach are asked to contact PETA at 757-622-PETA to comment on the treatment of penguins.

I called them and when the girl asked my thoughts on the Penguin treatment, I told her that my Penguin was a little over cooked. The Twit hung up on me.

I bet PETA wants to hear your thoughts to. Don't feel shy about calling them.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.".........Ronald Reagan
Old March 17, 2005, 10:42 PM   #14
beenthere

Peta

They bought a billboard in nearby Fort Wayne, Indiana which states "Feeding Meat To Children Is Child Abuse". I've heard 2 Doctors call in to radio programs protesting loudly, and seeking prosecutorial help to get rid of the sign. No luck so far due to the 1st amendment which says you can speak even if it's a lie.
Old March 17, 2005, 11:56 PM   #15
Crosshair

I don't mean to change the subject kelsey, but in you're scope article I have to disagree with you're take on the lesser brands of scopes. Sure Tasco, Bushnell, Redfield, Simmons, BSA are not as well built as the better brands. I wouldn't put a Tasco on that 30-378 of you'rs, but they work great on rifles in the 30-06 range and below. Some scopes differ in quality even by brand.

/Just my $.02
Old March 19, 2005, 08:39 PM   #16
kelsey

Hey Guys-

i just got back to this thread. I didn't mark the "email respond" and I just forgot about it until I was scrolling through.

"Extinction is my Goal and Sufferage is my weapon" was meant to illustrate how PETA veiws us as hunters. In their opinion, we are below them. We hunt to destroy and have no feelings towards the well being of animals. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

Thanks for the comments guys, I am working on another one that should be ready soon.

Crosshair, your points are well made and valid. I knew when I wrote and published that peice on scope choices, it would stir up some differences in opinions. I was just speaking from my own experiences. Glad you took the time to respond to it.

Kelsey
www.luvtohunt.com