The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old January 27, 2009, 09:57 AM   #1
diablo508

anyone delt with "The Sports Outdoor Store"

anyone delt with "The Sports Outdoor Store" it's outta Greenbay Wisconsin...ordered some AK items last Friday and still have not heard from them......of course my CC has been charged.....am I just being impatient?
Old January 27, 2009, 10:58 AM   #2
luvsasmith

I think you are being impatient but call them if it makes you feel better.
Old January 27, 2009, 11:07 AM   #3
diablo508

that's what I was thinking as well but..I expected and email stateing that my order was being processed...I'll wait a while longer..just want to get these parts

Last edited by diablo508; January 27, 2009 at 11:21 AM.
Old February 3, 2009, 05:32 PM   #4
1Lucky

Also Impatient,Customer Service needs Improvement

I placed an order 1/23/09 for a product that was supposedly in stock. It is 2/3/09 and I have not received the product, notified of any delay, or contacted in any way. When I check the status on their website, all it says is "pending shipment". I wish that I had ordered elsewhere. Next time I will and suggest others do the same.
Old February 6, 2009, 05:54 PM   #5
runifucan

I registered here when I saw your post.
I placed an order for 2 items with that site on 12/19/08 and was charged on 12/22/08. After a few weeks (1/9/09) with only the order confirmation and the "shipment pending" I left negative feedback on the site and got a call a few days later. I was told they have item A but item B will be in on 1/29/09. We both agreed to have the order cancelled in full for a refund (never happened). On 1/29/09 I gave them a call back hoping that I could get the items shipped or get the refund I was offered. This time I was told that item A was not in stock and no longer available from the wholesaler but item B was now available and could be shipped right then.... I gave them another call on 2/4/09 and was told that UPS sometimes doesn't give them a tracking # and that the issue would be looked into and I'd get a call back asap. On 2/5/09 I was told that item B was sent to the wrong address by UPS and that the items I ordered were not going to be available in the foreseeable future and that a refund would be issued. I'm still waiting on a refund. The contact Info can be found on the BBB site, the phone # listed is correct. The BBB does not show them as an accredited business, this may be just out of date. I hope your order turns out better than mine.
Old February 9, 2009, 06:42 AM   #6
diablo508

...these stories are not promising!!!!

I hope my story ends better! I have received one item of a two item order earlier last week...and according to UPS a second order I placed has shipped...so now all I'm waiting on is the other half of my first order...the prices are OUTSTANDING on the site, but as the stories are going I will have to wait what happens to me and see if I do anymore business....one problem I am seeing on there site compared to others is that they do not tell you if it is in stock, at time of order
Old February 20, 2009, 07:39 PM   #7
runifucan

Issue resolved

I recieved a full refund for the items on 2/10. It wasn't any fun to wait that long to get no items and finally get my money back but in all the times I talked with CS they were friendly. The site now says they don't charge for items untill they ship.
Old February 24, 2009, 08:57 AM   #8
diablo508

Great deal and store!

just had to close the loop on this one...got everything I ordered and saved a lot of cash in the process!...would recommmend it!! I give it a A-/B+

http://thesportsoutdoorstore.com
Old June 3, 2009, 09:57 PM   #9
acrimony

These people are screwing me right now

I ordered on 4/20 and haven't seen anything and my card has been charged since day one. Actually I got an email that said "your order is coming". Looked like a child wrote it. I have called customer service like 5000 times and not one time has anyone answered. Do not shop here this place is a scam.