The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old May 30, 2002, 08:48 AM   #1
ws6mro

Beretta Billennium for competition shooting?

I was at my local gun shop yesterday when I noticed a Beretta Billennium. Well I just had to look at it sense I never saw one before. After looking it over I was pretty impressed with overall look and feel of the pistol. It weights in at a hefty 44oz and had a very nice clean and light (SA only) trigger pull. After gazing at it for a few more minutes I couldn’t help to think that this puppy being a 9mm, would have to be one hell of a range gun.

I guess my question is, would this be a good gun for IDPA shooting say over the Elite 2?
I have never shot a beretta before, but always hear good things about their reliability and accuracy. The price is alittle on the high side @ $1100, but considering that’s almost what I paid for my last Kimber CDP, It’s probably not that bad.

Any impute would be greatly appreciated

Thank,

Matt
Old June 2, 2002, 11:12 PM   #2
HKguy9

I dunno, hate to point you somewhere else but if I wasn't in CA I'd have one by now. some guys on www.berettaforum.net can probably help you out, I know at least a few of them have one there.
Old June 4, 2002, 11:17 PM   #3
smoney

Belinnium is a Steel framed gun, i believe something around 2000 of them were produced.

also it would not compete against an elite 2 in IDPA or USPSA because it is a Single aciton gun ( so not eligable for SSP or Production class.

pretty expensive for a beretta, that said i think it would be a great collectors piece.