The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old September 9, 2002, 03:37 PM   #1
notos&w

bad experience w/ ajax grips

7 months ago i ordered a glock mag pouch and a few other items. the other items arrived w/o incident but the pouch was on backorder. perterbed they had not told me about the backorder i cancelled the order and shipped everything back.
the manager told me they would refund my shipping costs both ways but he lied. rather than argue over a few bucks i let the issue die.

now, 7 months later, the mag pouch arrives. nevermind i already cancelled the order. now the same guy has told me he'll refund my shipping costs, as well as the unauthorized charge to my CC if i send it back. i dont trust him but dont have much of a choice either.

this is not a huge deal but i think it is way too much of a hassle for a $10 mag pouch that took 7 months to arrive.

i dont plan to order from ajax shooter supply (AKA ajax custom grips) again. they are only 2 bucks cheaper than the rest but a whole lot more of a hassle.
Old June 18, 2006, 11:44 PM   #2
BamaMac54

I also purchased from Ajax a set of grips for my Colt Gold Cup. I literally had just put the grips on, always being very sensitive to not over tightening. I fired two shots of standard loaded 45 acp and the grips crumbled to dust in my hands.

I called them and rationally explained how this was far beyond anything I could have done and they refused to help at all. I had paid $75 for these grips. I mailed them back, with another request and they mailed me the same invoice with their "no returns for breakage" policy circled in red. They didn't even take time to discuss it with me. Totally unprofessional customer service--downright rude.
Old June 19, 2006, 12:05 AM   #3
hoghunting

I think the people running Ajax are different owners since the last couple of years. Ajax was always at the large gun shows in Dallas and since the last few years, there have been a completely different group of people running their tables. The former people were running their own tables and were not part of Ajax.
Old June 19, 2006, 09:58 AM   #4
theinvisibleheart

thanks, have bought from them in the past, but won't again. --John