The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old February 11, 2006, 10:09 PM   #1
loosecannon

Any one familiar with www.gunsamerica.com

http://www.gunsamerica.com I saw this on the internet and was wondering if anyone here has used this to purchase a fiearms. I also would like to know of a reliable Transfer Dealer in Phoenix Arizona?
Old February 11, 2006, 10:16 PM   #2
DonR101395

The prices seem better on gunbroker.com
I bought off of gunbroker, but not gunsamerica
Old February 11, 2006, 10:36 PM   #3
IZHUMINTER

I bought a Kimber that was listed on Guns America. The deal was pretty straightforward, and I had no complaints.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." -Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water: A Gulf Stream Letter
Old February 12, 2006, 09:35 AM   #4
vikingsfan

GA is not an online auction, but is just a place to list things for sale. Just like with the other sites, there are good deals to be found if you put in the time to look.

I have used the site to identify dealers selling at great prices and then contacted the dealers to have them give me a price on an item I was looking for, which lead to the purchase of my Wilson CQB and Meopta spotting scope.
Old February 12, 2006, 06:24 PM   #5
Logs

I thought GA prices seem higher than Gunbroker. I also noticed on GA there are more dealers vs individuals selling. Most of the dealer pricing was higher than what I can buy something locally at a shop. DO you research first before bidding so you don't get screwed. Also line up an FFL before hand so you know what the fees will be.
Old February 12, 2006, 06:27 PM   #6
Barr

GA seems to have better prices and are not as inflated as GB. More dealers and better selections with descriptions.
Old February 12, 2006, 09:23 PM   #7
loosecannon

Thx for your input. I am not really interested in auctions they seem to be a bit confusing to me. I am still looking for a good transfer dealer in the Phoenix AZ area.
Old February 15, 2006, 08:16 PM   #8
stevehf48

Good Call

Wise choice, in some cases the confusing style may be intentional on the part of some sellers. I personally have found it is much safer dealing with a local shop that is a real shop; while some have good experiences on the auction sites, appears there are scam artists operating on the GB auction site, making it even more risky dealing with someone far away when the venue that is being used / auction site allows unethical practices.
Old February 17, 2006, 10:06 AM   #9
donspag

I've had excellent luck and got some really good deals with the dealers I've dealt with at gunsamerica, but you have to do your research. I always cross check prices at Gunbroker, Auctionarms and gunsamerica and take shipping into consideration.

You can get a list of FFLs in your area code here:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/transfer.cgi

Don
Old February 21, 2006, 09:51 PM   #10
stevehf48

Gunsamerica

Yes, can see why you would do ok with GunsAmerica. GunsAmerica seems like a more upfront and straightforward site, without the scams of Gunbroker. Even if something is priced high, you don't have to wade through the high volume of multiple listings and apparent schill bids to see what is going on. Just seems like a much more legitimate and straight forward operation than Gunbroker.
Old February 21, 2006, 11:19 PM   #11
rellascout

I like guns america. I have picked up a few things there. I picked up a nice Sig P239 for $425 with nite sights.

I like it much better than gunbroker. You can cruise through and look at real prices without the hassle of bidding. If you see something you like you just pick it up.
Old February 22, 2006, 07:22 AM   #12
mxwelch

I've bought two firearms off the site and been pleased both times. Mind you I bought new ones from dealers.
I like it because I can haggle about prices.
Old February 23, 2006, 11:05 AM   #13
erh

I like it quite a bit, but I have a good local transfer ffl holder. They are hard to come across these days...
(erh)
Old February 24, 2006, 11:08 AM   #14
willsnipe

I've used GunsAmerica numerous times, and been pleased. There are some really great deals ocasionally, but they don't last long.

As for an FFL holder in your area, GA has a feature that might help you. At the very bottom of the advertisement page is a search feature for FFL holders willing to do transfers. Just plug in your area code and get a list. It will probably take a little sorting to find a good one, but most list their fees so you should get some idea who's actively seeking to do them.

Hope this helps!