The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old May 7, 2012, 08:18 PM   #1
Ralph Allen

Taurus magazine release adjustment

Anyone know how to tighten up the tension or increase the bite on the magazine on a Taurus PT745? I either need to modify my grip, get smaller hands, or trade this gun off. My normal grip allows my thumb to depress the magazine release button and drop the magazine when firing. Seems awful easy to depress the button. If I pull sharply down on the magazine, it will not come out, unless the button is depressed. Yeah, I know, cheap gun. I ordered it sight unseen from my local dealer a few years back as I wanted a micro 45ACP. Have my name on the waiting list for an XDs. Would like to keep the Taurus also, but not if I can't shoot it.
Ralph
Old May 8, 2012, 08:44 PM   #2
drail

You should consider modifying your grip. You don't want to have your thumbs in contact with any controls when firing. You could install a heavier mag catch spring but the original problem is still going to be your thumb (with any type of pistol). Do you have "large" hands? Most people have trouble even reaching the mag release without rotating the gun in their hand.
Old May 10, 2012, 11:33 AM   #3
Ralph Allen

Modifying my grip is exactly the cure as if I shoot it left handed, no problem dropping the mag. And, yes, I do have large hands. Tried a Pachmyr grip sleeve on this gun, but still the same problem. Thanks for the input.
Ralph
Old May 18, 2012, 06:39 PM   #4
cuba

Don't touch that gun the problem is your thumb cut the tip off