The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old July 12, 2006, 03:33 AM   #1
40MM

.357mag/38spl dies wanted but...

So i was just wondering if any one here has any experience selling stuff to someone in a another country. I want to buy a set of .357mag/38spl. dies and i figured i could get it cheaper from someone here! The snag is I'm from South Africa! Any help on how to go about it will be greatly appreciated!

Sorry didnt see the buy,sell,trade thread at the bottom!
Old July 12, 2006, 06:43 AM   #2
RERICK

Have you tried Midway?

http://www.midwayusa.com/
Old July 12, 2006, 12:36 PM   #3
gb_in_ga

Quote:
Have you tried Midway?
FWIW, I checked on the Midway website and they said that (with a few exceptions) that they don't ship international. The exceptions are those countries that Midway has international offices, and South Africa isn't one of those.

I did a fairly quick check on the web of online suppliers of reloading equipment and didn't find anybody who came out and said that they would ship to South Africa.

Have you tried e-Bay? I looked there and DID find some .38/.357 die sets for sale and they said that they WOULD ship international.
Old July 12, 2006, 01:55 PM   #4
FRANK1669

Before buying a set off of e-bay or anywere out of your country check with your local Customs department to see if they will allow them into your country and what if any tariff they will charge you It may wind up being cheaper to buy locally if you run into unexcpected charges Also I have sold things internationally on e-bay the shipping charges are very high figure around $25-40 dollars through UPS or Fed EX the only way an Item can be insured hope that helps some.