The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Closed Thread

Old January 11, 2006, 10:31 AM   #1
Low Key

Go ahead...Hijack my thread!

I’ve noticed that we have a tendency to drift from topic to topic within a thread until we are no longer even close to talking about what the original thread was started as. Personally this doesn’t bother me, any thread that I start is open territory for a hijack no problems. I just hope that we haven’t run anyone out of here by hijacking their thread.

I know that I always try to answer questions to the best of my knowledge and I believe everyone else here does that also, and sometimes answering one question opens up discussion on something else. Some of this stuff is so interesting that you just have to jump in and get involved in the discussion and let the conversation go whatever direction it goes.

I just wanted to say to anyone who might be lurking through here, don’t be offended if we accidentally hijack your thread, just go ahead and join in with us and bring us back to the topic if you have to. We’re all happy to share what we have learned and we have a great bunch of guys on here with lots of experience.
Old January 11, 2006, 11:08 AM   #2
Avizpls

Yea.

but I sent my taurus PT140 in a few weeks ago./ What is thier turn around time like?
Old January 11, 2006, 11:16 AM   #3
azredhawk44

But is .45acp really better than 9mm?
Old January 11, 2006, 11:23 AM   #4
mec

"Yea.

but I sent my taurus PT140 in a few weeks ago./ What is thier turn around time like?"
That would do it alright!

But, the way the threads develop around here doesn't see objectionable. They usually grow from some element of one of the posts that catches somebody's interest. I remember posting a picture of a rarely seen but thoroughly documented, box of cartridges on another forum. It was the early black powder loading of a revolver cartridge. An expert explained that the cartridge was modern and not originally black powder. Another expert agreed and they took off on a variation of another cartridge.
Things deteriorated to the point that I "ignore listed" both of them.
Old January 11, 2006, 11:24 AM   #5
Old Dragoon

Depends on whether you want to kill or just P.O. the perp!
Funny I haven't been able to chamber either in my 44 Rem "58

Hijack the hijacker? You bet!
Old January 11, 2006, 11:32 AM   #6
Low Key

Quote:
But is .45acp really better than 9mm?
I'm a 45 man for cartridges, but for BP I prefer the 44 cal 1858 Remington.

Quote:
but I sent my taurus PT140 in a few weeks ago./ What is thier turn around time like?
You shipped that all the way to Brazil? You may have to pay import duties when they send it back.
Old January 11, 2006, 11:36 AM   #7
Steve499

Another thing which we need to point out here is the effectiveness of a .454 cast silver bullet on werewolves!

Steve
Old January 11, 2006, 11:39 AM   #8
Low Key

It's a booger ramming a silver .454 ball down on a powder charge (40gr), but well worth it when you have a werewolf problem!
Old January 11, 2006, 11:41 AM   #9
Old Dragoon

With the price of silver now days i hope you are recovering the"rings" shaved off....
Old January 11, 2006, 11:47 AM   #10
Low Key

Not only that, but I dig the ball back outta the werewolf when I'm done. No sense wasting something that expensive!
Old January 11, 2006, 11:50 AM   #11
Avizpls

sorry baout that. Back on topic.

I too agree that we drift off topic. Such is the evolution of conversation. With such an exagerated time scale for an online conversation, it is more likely to happen too. Sometimes it is productive, sometimes not-the origional poster will be the arbitrator on that.

Dont think that it is intentional if the topic strays a bit; thats the point
Old January 11, 2006, 11:50 AM   #12
Remington kid

Low Key, It seems to me that we Hijacked one of your post a while back and it ended up being our chat site
Getting back to what you were saying I agree that BB guns are as much fun as baking bread on a Sunday morning right after I go deep sea diving for a few hours and climbing these mountains are no where near as bad as you said it was.
Old January 11, 2006, 11:54 AM   #13
Steve499

I just stuff those rings back in on top of the ball and cover them with lube. I do that because the last time I had to shoot a werewolf, it jumped out at me and I was so surprised that I made a hasty shot which missed just a little. Thankfully, I had loaded the way I mentioned and the little silver ring caught him in the lip where the tushes kinda push it up, you know. Anyway, it apparently only takes a little, must be some kind of poison to them or something, cause he just melted right away!

Steve
Old January 11, 2006, 11:59 AM   #14
Low Key

I thought this might turn out to be a fun thread, with a title like Hijack my thread I knew there would be those that couldn't resist the urge.

and now we've been invaded with werewolves....keep your 58's ready boys...they come at ya when your not lookin!

Steve must be using pure silver to make the werewolf melt away. I mix a little lead in mine so it's softer and grips the rifleing in the barrel better. They just fall dead when I shoot em.
Old January 11, 2006, 05:54 PM   #15
mec

"Even a man who'se pure of heart and says his prayers by night
may turn in to a wolf when th wolfesbane groes
and the moon is full and bright."
Old January 11, 2006, 06:22 PM   #16
Remington kid

Dog gone it Mec!! Now I'll have to sleep with the covers over my head tonight! Oh well, wonder what the wife will say when she crawls in bed tonight and feels something hard and long and then finds out it's my Remington loaded with some of Steve' silver bullets,
Old January 11, 2006, 07:52 PM   #17
4V50 Gary
Staff

I won't hijack it, but I'll close it for you.