The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old October 24, 2006, 06:17 AM   #26
Eghad

Well it seems to me you have two groups in SASS. The gamesmen as you call them and just us folks who want to have fun. The majority of matches are probably local ones. Where I shoot is fun oriented but still safety concious. We have whole families come out. The little buckaroos can shoot in the same group as thier dad or mom does. If you want to shoot your revolver with two hands there is a class for that. If you want to shoot your revolver with one hand there is a class for that. If you want to shoot your revolver with one in each hand there is a class for that.

I tend to let the gamesmen game and I shoot the way I want. It still takes a certain amount of skill to send a bullet downrange to the target under a timer. So does that mean that a person can just go to the store buy some primo CAS guns set up his reloader for light loads and be the winner at a high level SASS match? just because you can buy the primo guns and load a light load doesnt make you the best, practice and experience does that. Top shooters tend to be top shooters for a reason.

When some of the gamesmen come to the shoot all we see is that fancy customized firearm and light loads and tend to overlook the fact that he has put in lots of practice time and is dedicated to honing his skills.

NRA Life Member
Old October 24, 2006, 08:07 AM   #27
sundance44s

Yellow Fellow

Anyone seen the Tv adds for yellow wood .. great SASS handle .. nice out fit too ..( Yellow Fellow )
Old October 24, 2006, 02:42 PM   #28
Whisk

I always liked "Yellow Snow"

(where the huskies go)

http://www.lukefisher.com/napalm.wav