The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Closed Thread

Old September 6, 2005, 07:53 PM   #26
pepsquad

are you

calling me an idiot? Sir?
Old September 7, 2005, 05:59 PM   #27
jon_in_wv

I don't care who you are, thats funny right there.
Old September 7, 2005, 09:03 PM   #28
Zigokubasi

Ah, the tried and true refuge of the cowardly - the forum alt. Tell you what, if you want to get your jollies at my friend's expense then you can deal with me, privately. I recommended Harley's forum as a resource for her to tap in IDing this gun, a decision I deeply regret considering the drooling riffraff which has invaded this thread. To those of you who contributed what information you had, you have my (and her) thanks. We're continuing to pursue other avenues to ID the gun, because for some inexplicable reason this is the only place which seems to resort to calling anything they cannot readily identify a "darra gun", as if the Pakistanis had some monopoly on low-tech and imitation firearms...

Knowing that the markings might be cyrillic but meaningless in any of the slavic languages which use that alphabet is very helpful, thank you. I understand there are other languages which share the cyrillic alphabet, such as Cyrillic Mongolian. Perhaps exploring that avenue might shed more light on this mystery.

If you want to continue the ad hominem idiocy, then a nozh scrap anytime you say.
Old September 7, 2005, 09:45 PM   #29
elmerfudd

now gentelmen this is not a forum of race, slander, or fact I guess in this case but guns and I am intreged I have no idea what this gun is nor do I atempt to figure it out but I had shot a friends germen mouser. witch his grandfather had given him he used it in some war and it was a gift to him from his grand father. at any rate it reminds me of his gun hand stamped rubish on it and no indication of its origin race or gender. however I do no the amunition was custom mad for some trimed 9mm casing or somthing
Old September 7, 2005, 11:14 PM   #30
Mike Irwin
Staff

Pepsquad,

"are you

calling me an idiot? Sir?"

Do you work with me?

Do you see it to be your mission in life to make the most assinine decisions possible, guaranteed to cause the greatest amount of confusion for the least amount of gain?

Do you need to have your hand held every step of the way while constantly being stroked and told how wonderful you are?

Do you cause me leave my office every evening by running to my car, burning rubber in the parking garage and screaming out the window "I HATE YOU, YOU'RE A FRIGGING IDIOT!!!!!!!!!"

Do you suction the IQ out of the room when you walk in?

If you've answered no to any of those questions, then you've failed your idiot aptitude test.

There's hope for you.
Old September 8, 2005, 08:57 PM   #31
USP45usp

More pictures are needed.

Could you remove the grips and see if anything is etched in them?

Also, IIRC, most of the older guns from other countries (and the old colts and smiths) used numbers to match the parts to the gun they were made for, not serials. We use them as serials now if they have them (but I could be wrong on this).

At first, I was thinking Star, it has some of the same charactoristics(sp, sorry) of my Star Model Super, just smaller. Grips look about the same as my originals (only smaller).

With the writing on it, I have no idea.

Wayne
Old September 9, 2005, 07:08 PM   #32
auberg

I have to agree that the character appear to be cyrillic, but certainly aren't Russian. I studied Russian in college, and there definitely are characters on this pistol that aren't. But, correct me if I'm wrong ( I certainly can be) Could they be Greek? What little I know about Greek, they have characters that look somewhat like the Cyrillic alphabet.

Just my 2 cents.
Old June 21, 2009, 10:38 PM   #33
golliver

found the photo interesting,just wanted to know what its caliber is (was not mentioned in the original post)
Old June 21, 2009, 11:17 PM   #34
djohn

Its a idiot caliber that shoots + idiots It kinda looks like a 1911 birth defect.

seriously though very interesting gun and what is it and I wonder just how old it really is and could it be a one of a kind.

Last edited by djohn; June 21, 2009 at 11:23 PM.
Old June 21, 2009, 11:47 PM   #35
tomh1426

looks like a lighter my grandfather had.
Old June 22, 2009, 01:43 AM   #36
Mike Irwin
Staff

OK, no reason at all for this one to come back to life.

The OP hasn't been here in a long time, and seemed to have one heck of a chip on his shoulder.

No mention was ever made of caliber, but I would be SHOCKED to find that it was anything other that either .32 or .380 ACP.

Gonna close this one.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Closed Thread