The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Closed Thread

Old September 27, 2010, 01:43 PM   #51
RWBlue01

jephthai, find a speaker phone and call your state DNR. Ask them to define hunting. Tell them what you do and tell them that someone says you are not a hunter and therefore do not need a hunting license. My guess is that the DNR will tell you that you are a hunter and need license.

Now, if we want to classify hunting in terms of skills.
1. Sitting at a computer, using remote control to pull the trigger on a gun, requires the least amount of hunting skills.
2. Then stand/blind hunting.
3. Then stalking.

I have done #2 and #3. I would like to be able to do #1. If just once.
Old September 27, 2010, 04:38 PM   #52
markj

Stand hunting is boring and takes a lot of time, which I just dont have. I stalk my game with the exception of upland birds. Nothing finer than sneaking up on a animal, seeing its reaction to your being there and the final act. Then lets eat I especially love turkeys, they open their eyes in surprise, beaks open wings go back, then the shot. It is a bit harder to do it this way so most guys put up a stand and wait around........ or they watch TV shows, get the latest anti smell cloths, soap, boots............
Old September 27, 2010, 07:35 PM   #53
Jo6pak

Give me a break

It will never cease to amaze me how some people must push others down to lift themselves up.

Does stalking and shooting an animal make you a better person? Can you puff your chest and cry that you're more primal? Does it make your bollocks bigger? Does it make the meat taste better?

If I enter the woods with the intent of killing an animal, I am hunting. Whether I sit in a stand all day waiting, or chase the thing down with a sharpened stick.
IT'S ALL HUNTING

Please, get over youselves:barf:
Old September 28, 2010, 10:11 AM   #54
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

Jo6pak, that's an excellent closing statement that folks oughta read and remember.
Closed Thread