The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old April 3, 2013, 09:22 AM   #1
Frettbird

So We In Connectcut Are A Joyous Lot Now

I'll be registering all my mags which hold over ten rounds. That's a lot of paperwork, but it's for the children. If 8 guys break down my door, head shots on 7 will make the 8th guy flee. It's for the children. When the grid goes down for 3 weeks and my home is being over run with New Havenites, 5 rounds in the mini 14 will keep them at bay. Ya know...for the children. I'll sacrifice my life for the children, like I would have that day in Newtown. But that was a no carry zone, I don't have or hang around children, and it would distract them to see Mister Frettbird walking the perimeter, "I hear he has a gun somewhere', and that would scare the children.

I just get the feeling that that guy at the range with the .308, or his 75 counterparts who work hard and come for the sport are not going to cooperate as easily as I shall. I will tell you this....there are a lot of non-internet and non-phone conversations occurring in CT. I can only assume all those guys who lined up to block westboro baptist church from the funerals will be as willing as I am to turn a Mercedes Glock 19 into a 10 round Ford Focus.

We love lo capacity freedoms.
Old April 3, 2013, 10:26 AM   #2
Doc Intrepid

Look on the bright side. You're much safer. There can never be another mass shooting in CT, no more crazy people can obtain firearms, no more gun crime will clog your courts, and only the righteous inhabit your legislature and governor's mansion.

Don't you feel safer?

It's for the children.

[/sarcasm]

It's a big country. There are a lot of nice places. Before I'd live the rest of my life under those sorts of constraints, I'd relocate.

Nothing good will come of this.....
Old April 3, 2013, 10:49 AM   #3
NWPilgrim

As frustrated as you feel, imagine how much more so are the criminals! They are not use to all this paperwork and counting of cartridges. This will seriously cut into their socioeconomic activities. Some of them may not even be able to read the application forms or write to fill out the registration forms. They may have to get rid of their mags and guns simply because they are illiterate or can't afford to take the time away from street activities. Maybe CT needs a street thug outreach program to help them through the paperwork.
"The ultimate authority ... resides in the people alone. ... The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition."
- James Madison
Old April 3, 2013, 11:18 AM   #4
Spats McGee
Staff

The new CT legislation is already under discussion here. In an attempt to not have multiple threads running simultaneously on the same subject, I'm going to close this one.

Tags
connecticut