The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old July 20, 2004, 06:35 PM   #1
Knaret

Blunt weapons

Aside from ASPS, what are some other good modern examples of blunt combat weapons? Anyone know of any walking stick manufacturers for hardy use? Also, how do non-folding entrenching tools differ from regular shovels? Any recommendations for these?
Old July 20, 2004, 08:22 PM   #2
gifted

Entrenching tools, logic tells me, are made small enough to carry, which means smaller than normal shovels. They may have other attributes than a shovel blade to allow for some parts of digging. I'd think using one would be like wielding a mace or axe.

Nightsticks are another one, there's the traditional blackjack, just about anything of sufficient lenth or weight can be used.

I thought for a minute you were talking about canes, when you said walking stick. The biggest concern would probably be splitting. Cure the wood properly, and maybe bind it, to help with that.
Old July 22, 2004, 01:03 PM   #3
Arc Angel

I have one of these. Like it, a lot!

http://www.walkingequipment.com/blackjack.htm