The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 27, 2010, 03:22 PM   #1
Departed402

Sig P226 & P229 E2

I was looking around SIG's website the other day and ran across their new E2 (Enhanced Ergonomics) P226. I read further and see than the P229 also comes in the E2.

SIG's description goes as follows:
Quote:
A NEW LOOK AND FEEL FOR THE CLASSIC P226® & P229®
SIG SAUER’s new E2 Enhanced Ergonomics P226 and P229 pistols incorporate a reduced circumference, one-piece modular grip with improved texture. Used in conjunction with other ergonomic innovations including the reduced reach trigger, SRT™ Short Reset Trigger system and more, the E2 pistols ergonomically fit a much wider range of hand sizes.
Has anyone handled one of these, or are they too new? I've handled regular SIGs before, and found that the grips were a little too round for my liking. Does "reduced circumference" mean it's slimmer like a 1911?
Old February 27, 2010, 04:16 PM   #2
DBAR

If you've ever held a CZ 75, then you'll better know how the new E2's feel like. I think they feel more like the CZ 75. I've always like the Sig's because they where pretty close in comfort to the CZ, but now they are almost identical in feel. With a better trigger of course.

DBAR

Last edited by DBAR; February 27, 2010 at 04:32 PM.
Old February 27, 2010, 10:51 PM   #3
golfnutrlv

The gun store I work at has one, and only one P226 E2 all black with Siglite Night Sights.

In my opinion, it will be my next major handgun purchase. Great gun. Comes standard with the short reset trigger, and the short reach trigger, both big for me, as I have small hands.

The grip texture is more aggressive than your standard Sig, but not so much as a Glock RTF sandpaper finish.

Haven't shot this particular one, but its a great pick IMO.
America is at an awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.
Old February 28, 2010, 09:18 AM   #4
David the Gnome

P226 E2

P229 E2

In case anyone else was curious about what they looked like.

I wonder if those grips will be available for regular P226/228/229's?

Tags
p226 , p229 , sig , sig e2