The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 6, 2015, 12:34 PM   #1
Jdougg92

SP2022 vs CZ Rami

I have two guns in my cart on grabagun and this is a tough choice.

I'm mainly looking for more info about the CZ Rami, I'm looking to get it in a 40. I have a CZ p-09 in 9mm which is an amazing shooter with a lovey trigger;does the Rami have a similar or better trigger pull? And is the 40 a hot, snappy, unwieldy round to handle out of a 3" barrel?
Old March 6, 2015, 01:58 PM   #2
testuser79

If recoil is a concerned, then I'd say go all steel for a .40 S&W or go with a 9mm in the Rami.

I own a CZ Rami and a of other CZs. The Rami is great in 9mm, shoots like a fullsize, I love mine and it would make a good concealed carry sized pistol for CZ fans...that's how I use mine. Controls, recoil and handling will feel a lot like your current pistol, but in a ligther package for concealed carry. In .40 S&W, I don't know. I have a P06and like the way it handles, it's definitely more recoil, though and I wouldn't want it any lighter. My all steel Witness definitely handles the .40 S&W better, though.

Subsonic loads definitely take a lot of snap out of the .40 S&W, too bad the supersonic 165 and 155 grain loads are so popular, the increase in velocity and powder charge really make them very snappy, especially in a polymer handgun.

If you like the P-09, then you may want to stick with that pistol in .40 S&W. The SIG 2022 is a lot like the .40 S&W version of the P-09. The Sig is fine if you want to buy something a little different, but isn't much different than what you have already. It's roughly the same size and weight as your current pistol, the Sig is going to fill the same niche, just in a different caliber.

If you enjoy shooting your P-09, then go with an all steel CZ or Sig. Weight will increase, but so will shootability and for a night stand pistol, weight is irrelevant anyway...the heavier the better, in my opinion. The Rami in 9mm is really a gem of a carry piece, I'm starting to prefer it over my P-06.

Last edited by testuser79; March 6, 2015 at 02:12 PM.
Old March 6, 2015, 03:27 PM   #3
jreXD9

well, I don't know about a .40 Rami, but my 9mm Rami will never be sold or traded. NOTHING feels as good in the hand as a steel or alloy CZ and the Rami with the larger mag is perfectly balanced. If the .40 trigger is like the Rami (why shouldn't it be?) then it'll be pretty good in DA and just fine in SA. Hard to go wrong with any CZ. I'm glad to see that folks are starting to catch on re: them. Lots of my friends still say, "CZ, what's that?".....at least until they shoot it....then they go "Wow."
Most days I carry the Rami, but today the PCR is on the hip. I'm afraid both are going to lose carry time to the XD45 Mod 2 (subcompact, y'all) as soon as I can find a decent belt holster for it. I prefer to carry it OWB at work since most of that time is in a warehouse and with it OWB it's easier to move about and pick up stuff. Now, back on subject......CZ.....yessss!
Old March 6, 2015, 04:04 PM   #4
Limnophile

I believe the CZ 2075 RAMI's trigger is comparable to that of the traditional CZ 75 B. The CZ P-09 uses the newer Omega trigger.

If you like your P-09 and are looking for a carry piece, consider the P-07, which will also have the Omega trigger. CZ classifies the 2075 as a subcompact, but it is a big subcompact.
Old March 6, 2015, 06:02 PM   #5
TunnelRat

These pistols are noticeably different in size and for me personally that size plays into the role of the handgun. I don't see them as overly comparable. Do you have an intended purpose for the handgun, or is it just for a new gun (which is a valid reason too)?
Maintain situational awareness
Old March 7, 2015, 06:17 AM   #6
dean1818

I shoot the 40 in a P229 and Shield

The recoil is fine in both
(Better in the P229)

I have shot the Rami in 40

I didn't like it at all

9mm may be better in Rami

Buying American made, wherever I still can
Old March 8, 2015, 07:08 PM   #7
jglsprings

I had a poly 40 rami and liked the cocked and lock aspect of the CZ. I don't find the 40 to hard to handle. I actually find the 180 grain bullets more pleasant to shoot than the lighter rounds (165, 150, what ever they were giving us to practice with). The double action isn't as easy to shoot as a Glock striker action, but because i have (and carried) a boat load of 1911s it made all the manual of arms the same (a +++ to me).

Due to requirements beyond my control I needed to switch to the GLOCK 27. Recoil and size wise they are very similar pistols. IMO. If you have any experience with the baby Glocks you know what to expect from the RAMI.

I have no experience with the SP2022. Sorry.

Commas save lives...

Last edited by jglsprings; March 8, 2015 at 10:22 PM. Reason: changed "dont have experience with ..."
Old March 10, 2015, 09:04 PM   #8
GunLuvr01

I would go with the RAMI, the 2022 is a great gun, but I think CZ is hard to beat. My LGS had a P09 and a 2022 in stock, I held both and ended up getting the P09. The P09 costed a little more, but it felt much better in my hand. I don't regret my choice in any way.

Last edited by GunLuvr01; March 10, 2015 at 09:09 PM.
Old March 10, 2015, 10:31 PM   #9
chris in va

The RAMI is a bit on the thick side for a subcompact. When it came out I named it The Brick.
Old March 11, 2015, 10:00 AM   #10
Pilot

The thickness of the RAMI has been the only thing stopping me from getting one for IWB CCW. It isn't much smaller than my 75 D PCR. If they made a single stack, aluminum framed RAMI, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
Old March 12, 2015, 09:16 PM   #11
jreXD9

folks carry a G26 IWB all day so why should it matter with a Rami? it's practically the same size. I fail to see how .2 or .3 of an inch can make or break carrying something IWB. I carry the Rami or PCR D or xd45 Mod 2 AIWB all day with little reminder that it's there and I work in a warehouse most of the day.

Tags
40 s&w , p-09 , rami , sig , sp2022